Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rhino Line or Line-X Exterior of Hardtop?

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  duglas25 
#1 ·
Hi - I'm new to the forum. Recently got rid of my BMW and got a 01 TJ. I absolutley love it! Question for everyone? My TJ is black with a tan hardtop. I would prefer if the top was black also. I was thinking about getting it painted and then I read some threads on rhino lining the hard top. Has anyone done this to their jeep? If so, are you satisfied with the results? It would be great if anyone had any pics of a rhino'd hard top. Anyway, I am glad to be a member of the forum. Thanks -Pete;)

#2 ·
I've wanted to do this too, but it quickly came out of my head since rhino lining is a hard material, hard top is flexy. I could see it flaking off. But if anyone has any input i'd like to know.

#3 ·
i would think that lining it would make the color fade quicker than paint, especially since it's black. I'm not sure if rino lining has a UV protectant like many auto paints, though.

But hey, if you're interested, I'll trade you my black Bestop 2 piece hard top for your tan one if it's in good condition. It's only been used 3 months, is tinted w/ defrost and includes wiring harness. I love it, but I'd rather have the 1 piece, less of a hassle to put on/off. I'm in Louisville, KY.

#6 ·
I saw a tan hardtop that had the black hec. liner painted on it..

kinda looked like fur to me..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.