Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Reviews for procomp 2" coils and shocks lift.

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  cvd 
#1 ·
Anyone have this lift. It retails for around $360. I currently have a 2" spacer on the front (the way I bought the Jeep) to level it out. This creates 2 problems: 1. Everyone and their dog brightlights me at night. 2. I have about 2" between the rear bumpstops and the rear axle. I have a hard top so I have to slow to a crawl going over water drainage depressions (these are usually conviently located in a 45+ mph zone, and I have to slow down to around 25 to avoid bottoming out on the bumpstops). I'm in college and have a budget of about $400, so this lift sounds the best, and easiest option for the time being. Anythings got to be better than the coil spacers. :cheers2:

#2 ·
ProComps springs are great, ProComp's shocks are not. The ProComp ES-3000 shock that comes in that kit is the stiffest shock known to all of mankind. If you can get the dealer to swap in different shocks like Skyjacker Hydraulics (about the same price), that'd be great. If the won't, ask them if they'll swap in ProComp MX-6 shocks that while they are double the price, the extra cost is worth it to avoid that stiff ride the ES-3000 shock will give. Don't let them talk you into the Rancho R5000 as that is just as stiff as the ES-3000 is. Yes, I have personal experience with the ES-3000 which lasted all of maybe 6 weeks on my TJ before they found their way into my trashcan.

The problem with the ES-3000 (and Rancho R5000) is that they don't have different versions for Wranglers vs. heavier trucks like the Ford F-350/Chevy 3500 trucks, they are valved exactly the same. :eek:

#3 ·
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll probably go to 4wheelparts in Ft.Worth, in person, so maybe they'll let me mix and match. I've checked ebay (but not very hard) trying to find just the procomp springs but had no luck. Maybe if I had the part #'s...............

#5 ·
x20000 on the jerry post

i have that exact kit with the es3000 shocks

the springs seem to flex pretty well,...but the shocks suck....they make my jeep ride like a log wagon.....stay away from the shocks:thumbdown:

the only reason i put that junky set of shocks on is because i called to cancel my order after having a fellow jeepforum member share that fine tidbit with me in the same situation.......

but they came anyways and never charged the credit card......

so i figured....

for free i could at least give them a good workoutand see if they might soften up.....they haven't of course but free is free......

i wouldn't buy them...that's for sure!

get some good shocks

#6 ·
Ha, mine already rides like a log wagon so I would be accomplishing nothing. Think the springs will help with the bottoming out issue? Are they stiffer or just taller?

#8 ·
the springs are definately a little stiffer, but they are more than tolerable...just makes the ride more springy.........i wouldn't see any bottoming out very likely....as with all springs i got a little extra too and they haven't sagged yet either.....about 2.5 inches in all

#9 ·
I'm happy with my 2" ProComp lift (with MX6 shocks). I did have to add a 3/4" spacer in the front to level things out. Without the front spacer, I got 1 1/2" lift in front and 2 1/2" in back. After adding the spacer, my front and back were both 2 1/4" higher.
Cliff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.