reverse switch wire diagram - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > reverse switch wire diagram

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
tlspidle
1998 TJ Wrangler 

reverse switch wire diagram

Hello everyone,
I swapped out an ax5 for an ax15 and the wire harness on the Jeep has a 4 pin connection for the reverse switch and there is only a two pin connector coming from the switch on the transmission. Does anyone have a diagram that I could use to connect the circuit up so my revese lights work?
Thanks

tlspidle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

12V feed is violet white, wire from switch to reverse lamps is violet black. The two black wires you will have in the 4 pin connector are grounds.

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
tlspidle
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you JJ! My last obstacle to get my 5.7L Vortec Wrangler inspected and street legal! Should i ground the two grounds or just let them be?
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlspidle View Post
Thank you JJ! My last obstacle to get my 5.7L Vortec Wrangler inspected and street legal! Should i ground the two grounds or just let them be?
Well now you got us wondering! You cant say **** like that and leave us hanging, make a thread or post the details here. Either way, im sure everyone would like to see this build up or atleast here some details
--chris-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
tlspidle
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Its been a two year project started by myself and with the help of my kids to learn more about auto mechanics really. I had owned a TJ and I had put all the mods of bumpers, lift kits, winch, etc but have never in my life dabbled in serious auto mechanics. So I bought a '97 TBI 5.7L Vortec V8 out of a Yukon to put into my TJ. Then I ran into a person who just blew their engine up in the 4 banger SE and just wanted $2000 for his jeep. I decided not to mess with my perfectly working TJ at that time and bought his to use as the project jeep nicknamed Frank for "FrankenWrangler". It was a good thing as it has taken us two years to put it all together. Novak Conversions was a god send on their adapters and most of all their knowledge but I got a lot of stuff off Ebay, Summitt, Advanced Adapters and Craigslist. We had to piece it all together and have done everything ourselves except making the hydraulic lines for the power steering and the exhaust. I am a weekend mechanic and all the work has been done outside in my drive way in Missouri so it was time and weather dependent to work on it. I would definitely like to do another one as I know the mistakes I would correct to ensure it goes quicker and smoother. The learning curve has been tremendous as well as second sourcing parts. The thinig I would not change is using Novak as all the info they have supplied me has been quiclky responded to and accurate. I dont think they were ever wrong once on advice they gave me. When I have time for pics i will start a thread and upload what I can in timeline format.
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like an interesting build. With regards the black wires they are already grounded and you can leave them as they are. In an auto the connector goes to the neutral safety switch and one of the black wires would be replaced with a wire to the starter circuit.

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.