Rescued a CJ7 today - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rescued a CJ7 today

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippiGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 02-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
tjthorson
2014 JK Wrangler 

Rescued a CJ7 today

I *thought* there used to be a "stories" forum - but I can't find it anymore...

We got some snow around Chicago today. Not a lot for us, but enough....

I was running around with the plow, waving to fellow jeepers, when I see a built brown CJ7 off on the side of the road. Looked to be jacked up with a 4" or so block lift - 35" tires, etc.

And some guy laying underneath it in the snow! So, I pull over of course.

I ask him if I can help. He has a 4.2 in it that he converted to fuel injection. He says he can hear the fuel pump running, but pulled a line and its just dripping out.

Not much we can do on the side of the road - but he works for AT&T about 6 blocks away.

I pull out the strap and the pin for my hitch and hook up the strap - double it back to his front winch mount...

I can only imagine people's faces with this little stocker TJ on stock GSA's, a 7'6" plow hanging off the front pulling this monster CJ....

We introduced ourselves when I dropped him off at his work - shook hands, I refused money (of course) - just asked him to pass on the favor to a fellow jeeper someday - and went on my way.

Its a good feeling...

Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #50
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Gecko Green (Wife's DD)
Gecko Green Jeep Club Member #1
2005 Yellow Unlimited Rubicon (sold)
My Band! -> http://www.forgethannah.com
http://www.toddsplace.com
tjthorson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2007, 10:34 AM   #2
jneal
Nice....Keep Wheelin!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

kewl, good on ya as they say.

the stories forum is right under the general discussion link on the main page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew View Post
You have nothing... You are a like a culture of ketchup mold... You are completely useless to everyone in the world!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by workinprogress View Post
Hey Rob, can you do me a favor and stop quoting the retard? I have him on my ignore for a reason.:thumbdown:
jneal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Silly leaf springs...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.