Replacing Rear Upper Control Arm Mounts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacing Rear Upper Control Arm Mounts

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 11-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
chadridesabike
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Replacing Rear Upper Control Arm Mounts

Here is what was behind the upper control arm:

Both sides are like this. Since I'm not comfortable doing this fix, I brought it to a body shop. They are going to replace the rusty sections with 1/8" steel. I ordered a couple of these, since they are cheaper than getting some fabricated:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/56011_9008_07.htm

The question is: what is the pinion angle supposed to be?

chadridesabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
apaTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That is exactly what is goin on with mine. Let me know how that turns out. And the pinion angle should be parallel with the t-case output shaft if you have a stock driveshaft and slip yoke. If you have a DC shaft it should point at the t-case.
apaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.