Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

replacement u joints

572 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RockRodHooligan 
#1 ·
i drive a 2004 tj. it is mostly stock except for 30" mud tires. recently i have heard a ticking coming from the wheels when i am on a trail or hit a big pot hole. i have identified this as a broken u joint. i can replace it no problem but i found a joint that costs over 200 and sais it is unbreakable

is this something thats worth the money?

#2 ·
Whats the link to it, I call bs....
Just get a replacement from auto zone, the most expensive one there (duralast gold) is like 15$ and it comes with a lifetime warranty.

#3 ·
Sounds like a CTM or something like that, WAY overkill for your jeep, and if you DD it, you had better grease them religiously(like pope religious... maybe thats a slight exaggeration though).

Stay the hell away from Duaralast u-joints, I had them and had to make liberal use of that "lifetime warranty" do to broken joints, bearings going bad, etc., and all in a years time. I will never run anything less than Spicer u-joints in my Jeep. Spicer invented the u-joint, and still come in most vehicles from the factory, including Jeeps.

Since most parts stores don't carry Dana/Spicer products, you will probably have to buy them online.

This is the exact replacement for the u-joint that came in your Jeep from the factory:
U-Joint Kits U-Joint, Wheel Joint, 1310, Inside Snap Rings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.