Replacement tie rod rubs wheel well - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement tie rod rubs wheel well

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

View Poll Results: Where do you take your Wrangler for repairs in the SF Bay area?
4 Wheel Parts, Oakland 0 0%
Golden Gate Jeep, San Francisco 0 0%
Jeep specialty/authorized shop 0 0%
Do it yourself-DIY 2 100.00%
Jeep Dealer 0 0%
Non-Jeep specialized shop 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 05-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
marshcan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Replacement tie rod rubs wheel well

I recently replaced my tie rods on my 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I purchased the Rugged Ridge Heavy Duty Crossover Steering System. Now, the tie rods rub the edge on the inside of the wheel wells on both front rims. The bar rubs when you turn hard to the left completely, and the actual tie-rod rubs on the driver side when you turn to the right. I have 15 x 30 x 9.5 with factory steel wheels. What would cause this? Is there an adjustment or is it due to the size of the wheels?

marshcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Pictures please...

Tags
steering , tie rod , tie rod ends , tie-rods , wheels

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.