replacement seats for occasional use Jeep, on and off road - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Panhandler80
1997 TJ Wrangler 

replacement seats for occasional use Jeep, on and off road

Current driver seat is completely shot. My butt almost hits the tub.

Off road use will be extremely light to moderate mud and slop. No need for 5 point capability or real high seat pan edge / proud shoulders. More interested in straight line comfort and ease of entry / exit for big boy. 6'1 at 225 and occasionally with several layers of hunting apparel.

Was looking at these....

http://www.quadratec.com/products/24223_3XXP_PG.htm

Want quality, comfort, curb appeal, but don't need anything to crazy considering use of Jeep.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 12:52 PM
rdock31
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure you can get master craft seats for less than what corbeau's cost plus have to get new seat brackets for those. Not sure on corbeau's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BDS - Savvy - Brown Dog - AtoZ - Metalcloak - Falken - RC
post #3 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Panhandler80
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Okay. Will check them out. No where near needing new seats yet, just trying to keep track of future costsas I go down this build journey.

post #4 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 01:09 PM
rdock31
1999 TJ Wrangler 

you could also check out smittybilt xrc.. Just another option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Panhandler80
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like cheapest master craft with tilt I'd 499. I also really don't need to be locked in place like some of these high performance seats look like they might do.
post #6 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 01:19 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdock31 View Post
I'm pretty sure you can get master craft seats for less than what corbeau's cost plus have to get new seat brackets for those. Not sure on corbeau's.
Mastercraft recliners are more than the linked Courbeaus.
post #7 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 01:24 PM
AntiPrius
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I paid $405 each for my Mastercraft Baja RS recliners. Their brackets, while a pain to install, seem much better than the Corbeau's though, and cheaper. My seats still fold and tumble exactly as stock.

The Corbeau brackets are about $105 ea, the Mastercrafts are about $50 ea.
post #8 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 01:25 PM
rdock31
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar
Mastercraft recliners are more than the linked Courbeaus.
Yea, I completely overlooked the reclining feature and just focused on price.

post #9 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Panhandler80
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Smittybilt... Looks like they sit pretty high. I'm 6'1 with a long torso. Not sure if sitting up that high would work well for me. To put in perspective, my hair used to rub the roof of wife old school infinity SUV... the pathfinder look alike deal.
post #10 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 01:46 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhandler80 View Post
Smittybilt... Looks like they sit pretty high. I'm 6'1 with a long torso. Not sure if sitting up that high would work well for me. To put in perspective, my hair used to rub the roof of wife old school infinity SUV... the pathfinder look alike deal.
I believe all the aftermarket seats sit higher. When I installed mine I removed my Buchanan spacers and was still at about the same height.
post #11 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Panhandler80
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Buchanan spacers... These on all makes?

They are all higher... Is this because of the adapter brackets that are required. Looks like some Jeep models have after market seats that bolt right in, but I have yet to find any that do this for 97 tj. Well nothing excerpt for garage pro and by all accounts they are pretty much garbage.
post #12 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 03:09 PM
AntiPrius
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I sit just a bit higher with my Mastercraft seats than with the stock seats, but then again, that is comparing a surely sagging and worn out 14 year old drivers seat to a brand new one. New to new, the Mastercrafts probably aren't all that much higher.
post #13 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 03:15 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It does depend on the TJ year. 03+ sit lower stock. I had 1.5" Buchanan spacers with my stock seats. Without the spacers my Mastercrafts are about the same height as stock with the spacers.
post #14 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 03:49 PM
J03_TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhandler80
Current driver seat is completely shot. My butt almost hits the tub. Off road use will be extremely light to moderate mud and slop. No need for 5 point capability or real high seat pan edge / proud shoulders. More interested in straight line comfort and ease of entry / exit for big boy. 6'1 at 225 and occasionally with several layers of hunting apparel. Was looking at these.... http://www.quadratec.com/products/24223_3XXP_PG.htm Want quality, comfort, curb appeal, but don't need anything to crazy considering use of Jeep.
I'm in the same boat. My stock seats are still comfy but am sure they are showing their age. I always thought the OEM seats were pretty comfortable. Looking at the aftermarket ones they don't look like they offer as much paring or support as the OEM ones, nut that could just be an illusion from looking at pics in magazines. Would hope the aftermarket ones are indeed as comfy and offer the same amount of support? I don't really like the idea of higher sides to contend with getting in and out either.
post #15 of 23 Old 06-25-2014, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Panhandler80
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I sat in a corbeau moab this afternoon. Real comfy.... it requires an adaptor bracket, or existing bracket needs to come out and go with their part. It was nice, though.

According to their website they Moab (and others) are for CJ / YJs... the jeep I sat in was an adapted bracket TJ and my head was pretty high up there. I could still see fine, but I'm pretty sure my dome was a bit proud of the roll cage... talking about the bar above my left shoulder that runs the length of the jeep. Good news is that if you go with their mount from the get go, you'll be stock height, or a touch lower.

Looks like complete kit (as opposed to adapter which raises you 1") for the Moab are parts E1118F and E1119F and each one is $105. I found the pair of seats for $460. These are reclining and like I said, I sat in one an it was real nice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.