replacement seatbelt belt? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > replacement seatbelt belt?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

replacement seatbelt belt?

I don't know what the previous owner did to the rear seatbelts, but the are all torn up and fraying, one of them has a spot that is almost worn away 1/2 of the belt.

All the hardware seems to be just fine, and the entire female end is just fine, the only thing that looks like it needs to be replaced is the belts themselves on the male side of things, both of the rear belts.

So, is it possible to replace just the belt and re-attach the existing hardware to it? Or is there going to need to be some sewing involved, and best replace the whole belt assembly and hardware together? I've not looked at it closely yet or tried to remove them yet, how difficult is this, and is there a source for new belts other than Chrysler? (I imagine they will be expensive through Chrysler?) Or would it be safe to grab a take-off set of belts from a fellow jeeper who has remove their rear seat?

Unread 06-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I don't believe you can purchase the belt separately?Cheapest place would be a junk yard.Maybe check the classifieds here on JF.Stock Jeep OEM seat belts aren't cheap!Especially the retractor sides.And I believe you have to buy them in pairs anyway?
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Chilly
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Check ebay I sold my old ones from my last jeep on there.
Unread 06-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks fellas, I'll post up a WTB add here, and check ebay too :-)
Unread 06-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

will any year TJ belt work? (color differences don't bother me, so long as it's either some sort of grey, or black) and is there any difference from left to right?
Unread 06-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
Strizzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Q9706R-100 - Rear Push Button 3 Point Retractable Belts for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec
Strizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
FarFire70
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If the hardware is still good you could see if a local upholsterer who does car interior can replace the belts. I would imagine they be able to source the belt fabric.

2005 Wrangler Sport, 4.0L, 6spd
2" BB, JKS 1.25" BL & MML, M/T MTZ 33x12.50R15
HP D30: Aussie Locker, D44: Eaton Elocker
FarFire70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #8
thevanillaninja
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
will any year TJ belt work? (color differences don't bother me, so long as it's either some sort of grey, or black) and is there any difference from left to right?
Does anyone have an answer for this? I'm helping my neighbor out to replace belts that have been chewed through on her 05, I find the early ones all day but the later years seem to command a premium.
MK2 USCG, Kodiak, AK
thevanillaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2014, 07:41 PM   #9
etsubchief
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Not sure about the year, but left and right dont matter.
btw- i have 1 rear seatbelt (black) for sale from my 06.Pm me if interested

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.