Replacement seat height - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement seat height

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 07-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
malcolmtexas
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Replacement seat height

I replaced the driver seat on my 2000 Wrangler with one of the Bestop Trailmax seats. Installing them requires using an adapter bracket, and the bracket seems to have added around 1/2"-1" to the seat height. I'm 6'5", and how the seat is too high with my head rubbing the headliner and the shoulder belt doesn't come over correctly.

Any thoughts on the best course of action?

malcolmtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Any seat with an adapter will usually sit higher. You can either buy replacement seat bases for your seats or get out the grinder.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.quadratec.com/products/24212_101_07.htm

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
malcolmtexas
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnEmOvr View Post
Has anyone installed one of these? I'd hate to buy one and then find out it gives the same amount of rise.
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
malcolmtexas
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Talked to someone about this. Turns out it's gonna rise up the same.

Well hell. I guess I could find someone to fab a lower floor mounting bracket. Or is this a crazy thing to do...
Unread 07-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I installed some Mastercraft seats in my Jeep and they also came with a riser, it sucked so I broke out the grinder & welder.
I cut the risers off & made the seats work at OEM height.

Sometimes ya just gotta cut & weld to make it fit.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
seatbelt , seats , tall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.