Replacement radiator - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement radiator

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #91
phrankenstein
2004 LJ Wrangler 

FWIW, I just installed a Champion 3 row all aluminum radiator in my '04 LJ today. I was having a lot of issues with it over heating with the A/C on while parked or after restarting from a brief shut down. I replaced the water pump (due to a leak), thermostat (always a good idea when changing water pump), upper hose (had a pin hole), and the fan clutch. My original OEM fan clutch was not engaging very well. I tried all the aforementioned items before the radiator swap with no real good results. Finally, I figured the OEM radiator was pretty much on its way out anyway. So far, it's cooled down about 20 degrees with no issue with the A/C or after restart. The Champion radiator is built very well!!! It's a fully welded design, has good mounting points, and top quality supplied hardware. Keep in mind I'm in West Texas where the outside temp was 104*. Not a single issue today! Good Luck!

phrankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #92
RowJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrankenstein View Post
FWIW, I just installed a Champion 3 row all aluminum radiator in my '04 LJ today. I was having a lot of issues with it over heating with the A/C on !
Hope it works for you!
I tried an expensive after market radiator for similar problem.....
could not run A/C at idle or on hwy over 50 mph without overheating.
Did not work.
Solution for me was a Mopar factory radiator. Not sure why but they seem to work better than almost any others!
RowJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #93
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrankenstein View Post
....'04 LJ....I was having a lot of issues with it over heating with the A/C on while parked or after restarting from a brief shut down.
I had the same issues since nearly new. I tried all the normal approaches, but also settled on the radiator not doing it's job adequately. I installed a Drake Off-Road radiator and it has helped immensely.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.