Replacement exhaust pipe? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement exhaust pipe?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
edinc90

Replacement exhaust pipe?

I have been looking for a replacement exhaust pipe for my TJ. My friend was going up this hill but couldn't make it cause it was loose gravel. He backed down the hill, but the exhaust pipe got stuck in the ground. Instead of stopping, he kept going, and bent the exhaust at a 90 degree angle. Needless to say I couldn't drive it home like that, so we tried to bend it back, but to no avail. We decided an emergency amputation was the best course of action, so we got a saw an hacked it off. Now I need to replace it because PA law states that the exhaust pipe must end at the edge of the body. Right now it ends under the rear passenger seat. How hard is it to replace? Where can I find a cheap exhaust pipe (no fancy muffler or chrome things)?

edinc90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
IrishRED
4-Banger Forever!

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Most muffler shops have scrap pieces of pipe that they will let you have for cheap. Easiest thing is to sheath the new piece of pipe to the end of the old pipe and clamp it down.

It will cost you the price of 2 clamps, one small piece of pipe, for the sheath, and one longer one as the actual replacement pipe.
IrishRED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
edinc90

I should have thought of that, it's so simple! Thanks a lot.
edinc90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.