Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

replaced interior door latch, door does not open from inside now!

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ambulldog 
#1 ·
full hard doors btw..

So the little clips holding the door latch and unlock rocker broke and i replaced them... put the door back together, tried lock, unlock, etc... Exterior handle works ok, but i went to get out of the Jeep this morning at work and was stuck with the handle laughing at me... had to roll down the window to open the door from the outside...

is this just a simple rod adjustment inside? im assuming the interior handle is not pulling the rod far enough, thus causing it not to open? would you just thread the rod a little shorter?

second problem, the exterior latch is loose? it is almost like the spring is not returning the handle back into place after you open the door... there is a lot of play in the exterior handle... is there an adjustment for this? or do i have to replace the exterior handles?

third problem... whats the best way to adjust the door latch properly? these are door i picked up last night and they close and fit ok, but you need a little force and persuasion... is this adjustment made at the hinges or the latch in the door?

thanks for any help you can offer!

See less See more
#2 ·
bump it up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.