Removing "Fuel Pressure Regulator" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Removing "Fuel Pressure Regulator"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 04-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
Tassadar

Removing "Fuel Pressure Regulator"

Ref: Jeep Wrangler Sport 2002

OK... I have the tank down, wires and pipes securely removed, and full access to the fuel pressure regulator. I also removed the small strap on top of the regulator that holds it down. But now I am stuck, I can rotate it fine (a little bit, since the plastic guides on the frame prevent full rotation). I do no want to force it off with a screw driver (unless I have to). What am I doing wrong?

Carl

PS: Could it be pressure still in area preventing its easy removal? What needs to be done now with the tank removed?

Tassadar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
Michael_K

http://www.dailydriventj.com/fuel_pump.shtml

If you removed the fuel line, there is no pressure in the fuel line.

Check my write up and see if you can figure out what you are doing wrong. It is hard to tell what you are trying to do.

If you are trying to remove the regulator, just pull it off. This is how it looks after the regulator removal.

HTH,

Michael K.
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It just pops out once you have the top steel retainer strap off. I inserted a pair of big flat blade screwdrivers underneath it on both sides and popped it straight up and out.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
Tassadar

Ahhhhhhh, I bet I need to put a little more force into it then, using large screwdrivers. I was afraid to put any force for the fear of breaking something. I was expecting it to just easily slide off after the strap removal

CC
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Plus there is a big fat o-ring at the bottom of the regulator that seats into a groove in the tank opening so that is also holding it.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
Tassadar

UPDATE: The replacement regulator I ordered from the Jeep Dealership worked perfectly. For some reason the one from Autozone is the one that gave me problems going in happily (I think the brand was GP Sorensen).

Thanks all for the great advice.

Carl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.