Removing 3in body lift HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Removing 3in body lift HELP

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140

Unread 04-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
wolfeman4
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Removing 3in body lift HELP

So im looking to downsize to a 1 inch bl or remove my 3 in bl completely. Problem is im 16 and new to this stuff so i pretty much dont know what im doing. I know how to do it, but with a 3in bl there had to be some mods to the steering linkage, gas filler tube, tc linkage, and some others. I need some help on what i should look for and how to fix it. Pictures would be much appreciated!

wolfeman4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
Slickfifty11
2002 TJ Wrangler 

There should be a block under a joint on your steering shaft i forgot what its called. filler tube will need to be shortened, radiator drop brackets removed and i think thats it if i remember.
Pocket

Black Jeep Society
Night crew
TJ Owners Club
Jerzey Jeepers
co-founder of
~~GOT MUD CENTRAL NEW JERSEY 4x4 ~~
Slickfifty11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Your best bet is go to the link below and reverse the steps. Then use second link to install the 1" lift. You can trim the 3" down and just buy new bolts to save money.

http://www.omix-ada.com/instructions/18303.11.pdf

http://www.4x4xplor.com/bl.html

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

the front core supports would have to go as well

pics would help us help you as there are many different kits and almost every company goes about all the side stuff differently
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #5
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Don't forget the shifter extensions.
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
dedYJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Buy new mounting bolts. Length depends on if you are going back to stock or keeping the 1" BL.
dedYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
wolfeman4
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ive looked around, and ive found some things. i have some pics but i cant upload them because of the post and membership thing. on the radiator there are 4 brackets ill have to take off, and move up to factory holes. the steering linkage looks like it has a little block under the bracket. the gas filler tube has a 3 inch extension in it (its been cut and inserted, do i have to get a new hose?). The tc linkage has a little bracket also that i just have to take off. anything else i should look for?
wolfeman4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

the easiest way to add photos is to upload them to photobucket, or similar, and throw the img link in here

what you described comes with every BL, tall or short, without seeing what you have, there is no way to tell you how to use it
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
3in lift , body lift help stock back , help please , stock body mount

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.