Remove console - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Remove console

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Shooter878
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Remove console

Need to remove the console on a 99 wrangler automatic, how is it screwed in and where are the screws. the passenger side rug keeps coming out from under it and I can't seem to keep it in place, also previous owner lost the rear section and I can't find org. carpet anywhere

Shooter878 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 05:36 AM   #2
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Two screws on the passenger side bottom by the back foot well
One in the front cup holder
And one on the passenger side under the shift boot... Be careful removing the shift boot the inner plastic ring is easily broken

Edit
Just re read and saw you have an auto just pop up Auto trans shifter bezel...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
Shooter878
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks thats a great help. You wouldn't know how to keep the carpot under there?
Shooter878 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure my carpet stays under the console fine...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.