Reman trans issues. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Reman trans issues.

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 05-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
brian93tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Reman trans issues.

So I had a reman trans installed after mine sh*t the bed. The first one was good for about 150mi. Then it would skip 3rd all together and go straight to lockup and stall in reverse. I took it back to the shop and the Company sent a new TCC solenoid and said to replace the Crank Position Sensor. Did that nothing changed. Company sent another unit, and the shop installed a Hayden Cooler for me for free for the trouble. Well now the second reman trans is stalling once I put it into reverse again with less than 100mi. It never did this with the original trans. My question is; does the issues have to do with my engine, or PCM?

brian93tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Is has to do with the transmission, as it's all mechanical. Unlike the newer 42RLE.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
brian93tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks that's good to know.
brian93tj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.