Here's the quick and dirty write-up without pics
1. Remove tranny mount from tranny skid plate/crossmember
2. Unbolt bellhousing from motor
3. Unbolt starter
4. Remove driveshafts
5. Unhook tranny cooler lines
6. Unbolt t-case shifter linkage
7. Unplug crank position sensor
8. Unplug speedo gear
9. Unplug other miscellaneous electrical connections I forgot about
10. Remove kickdown cable and gear select cable from tranny
11. Remove inspection plate from front of tranny
12. Unbolt 4 bolts that hold torque converter to flex plate. You have to rotate the flex plate to get at all 4 bolts.
Be sure to support the transmission once you remove the skid plate/crossmember. Also remember to drain the fluid from the pan before you start.
You can also remove the t-case and drop it separately to make it a little easier to handle, but I usually just drop the tranny with the t-case still attached.