redoing a lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > redoing a lift

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
ramil89
2004 TJ Wrangler 

redoing a lift

So i currently have a 4" RC suspension lift, but i stupidly put on 5.5" RE springs for a little added lift (maybe even 6.5", oh craigslist). I don't like the way it handles, and the steering has become a little crappy because of it too. I upgraded to 35's, and want to keep those, but want to go lower- in the cheapest way possible. Things I've considered:

cutting my current springs (crossed my mind, probably not a good idea)
buying 4" springs and either a 2" body lift or spacers
I like the look of RE 4.5" springs, so maybe I would go that route

I want to keep my current 4" lower control arms and stock uppers

Give me your opinions, the one thing I don't want to do is go with a LA upgrade

ramil89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I would go back to the 4" springs and just extend the bump stops so the 35's wont rub the fenders...until you can afford some metal cloak or TNT tube fenders. I am gonna get the metal cloak fenders and 35's on the 3.25" RC lift.

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
AFjeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Or some MCE fenders, cheaper and better!!!
www.modernclassicenterprises.com
Unread 07-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
ramil89
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I do like those fenders. i might go back to 4" and add those. do you think I'll have problems with the rear tires though?
ramil89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 04:51 AM   #5
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Those are cheaper for sure, but don't have any option for a flare, which is necessary for me in both MA and VT where tire coverage is required for state laws.

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
AFjeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift , suspension , rc , rough country , lowering , adjusting

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.