For the record, Quadratech and Coverking seat covers. - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > For the record, Quadratech and Coverking seat covers.

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsECGS Labor Day Sale!!New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Reply
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
TJ_again
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 5
For the record, Quadratech and Coverking seat covers.

I may be posting this in the wrong place, mods feel free to move if needed.
I wanted to post my experience with ordering CoverKing seat covers from Quadratech for my TJ.
The order was easy to place and arrived quickly. Kudos for that. I doubt i will be ordering anything else from Quadratech though, based on the fact that they have no product reviews on the product webpages. I assume if they had these customer reviews i could have avoided these POS seat covers.
I read several other reviews on this site and another Jeep site. Several relatively positive things said about coverking seat covers. My number one concern with any seat cover is how does it fit? Will it slide around when i try to get in the seat? A couple reviews kinda addressed this.
I got these today. Put them on today very quickly because they fit so loose. That should have been my first warning sign. All the reviews i read said to leave them in the sun and then prepare for alot of work. These things slipped right on. and say puffed out because there is so much extra material. They slide like mad when getting in the jeep....again ...because of poor fit and extra material. Quadratech doesnt want them back because technically there isnt anything wrong with them....other than being POS product. Not really their fault, other than not having a customer review section so we can warn each other about bad products. Ah well. last purchase from Quadratech solely for this reason. I wouldnt discourage others from using Quadratech, just my preference. I would warn anybody from wasting any time or money on Coverking products though. They are junk. Buyer beware.

TJ_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #2
RDaniel2405
TJ with JK Wheels
 
RDaniel2405's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida
Posts: 471
So... you read online that something is "relatively positive" and your mad at the place that gave you good customer service till you tried to return a product you changed you mind on using. All they do is sell and ship parts, Its up to the consumer to make the choice of what to buy. You said it yourself. "Not really their fault"

I could have told you that Coverking seat covers were a waste of money. Buy better seats.
RDaniel2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:00 AM   #3
ivester1992
Senior Member
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: fort stewart, Georgia
Posts: 751
ive never had bad dealings with quadratec but they are definitely high priced on almost everything they sell
ivester1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #4
Loampey
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: bath, il
Posts: 6
I got a pair of cover king seat covers for my Rubi and while the seat cover fit well the back did not. I'm just using the seat. I threw the back covers back in the box and tried to forget how much I just paid for them.
Loampey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Brimstone
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 289
I don't buy much from Quadratech because they are not really that competitively priced, especially for an online store, and never run specials, discounts, or deals on shipping. They do, however, have quite a large selection, including some items you just can't find other places.

I have recently found that they also have excellent customer service. I have been meaning to make a separate thread about this, but I was trying to order a set of Classic Tube stainless steel brake lines and had numerous issues. I spoke to Quadratech customer service several times and must say I could not be more pleased with their customer service. Even if they cost a little more they will definitely continue to get business from me in the future.

Its unfortunate that they were unable to help you with the seat covers; however, based on my recent experience I would guess that if you had been able to find something legitimately wrong (i.e. manufacturing defect, etc) they would have taken them back.
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,134
How is poor fit not something wrong? In regards to seat covers its one of the most important marks. They should absolutely take them back, return them to the vendor for credit, and give them their feedback from the consumer so they can make a better product. Eventually QT would consider not doing business with that manufacturer if the returns persist. QT does have some responsibility here.
__________________
My Build Thread
gst95dsm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
Mr_Speakeasy
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: La Puente, Ca
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
I don't buy much from Quadratech because they are not really that competitively priced, especially for an online store, and never run specials, discounts, or deals on shipping.
PM them for free shipping
Mr_Speakeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired
 
Knuckelhead's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 15,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
I don't buy much from Quadratech because they are not really that competitively priced, especially for an online store, and never run specials, discounts, or deals on shipping. They do, however, have quite a large selection, including some items you just can't find other places.
And if you do your homework, Quadratech does price match...
Knuckelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,651
I honestly didn't read the whole thread....but I will say Quadratec will price match & does free shipping for jf.

I've not had a bad experience yet with their customer service.

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #10
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denton County, TX
Posts: 5,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaniel2405 View Post
So... you read online that something is "relatively positive" and your mad at the place that gave you good customer service till you tried to return a product you changed you mind on using. All they do is sell and ship parts, Its up to the consumer to make the choice of what to buy. You said it yourself. "Not really their fault"

I could have told you that Coverking seat covers were a waste of money. Buy better seats.
I disagree with this part, a good retailer, online or brick motar, should stand behind there products.

It is their responsibility to pick and choose the products they offer to their customers. If they choose to offer a low quality product, the retailer should expect some customers to be unhappy.
__________________
jhanna
denton county, tx
2jhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #11
TJ_again
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 5
so, in this group's experience, who is the best online retailer? I dont have any local shops that carry what i am looking for.
TJ_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
RDaniel2405
TJ with JK Wheels
 
RDaniel2405's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida
Posts: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
I disagree with this part, a good retailer, online or brick motar, should stand behind there products.

It is their responsibility to pick and choose the products they offer to their customers. If they choose to offer a low quality product, the retailer should expect some customers to be unhappy.
OK, have a nice day!
RDaniel2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #13
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,446
There is no h in Quadratec. That is all.
__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #14
Quadratec
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Chester, PA, Pennsylvania
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_again View Post
I may be posting this in the wrong place, mods feel free to move if needed.
I wanted to post my experience with ordering CoverKing seat covers from Quadratech for my TJ.
The order was easy to place and arrived quickly. Kudos for that. I doubt i will be ordering anything else from Quadratech though, based on the fact that they have no product reviews on the product webpages. I assume if they had these customer reviews i could have avoided these POS seat covers.
I read several other reviews on this site and another Jeep site. Several relatively positive things said about coverking seat covers. My number one concern with any seat cover is how does it fit? Will it slide around when i try to get in the seat? A couple reviews kinda addressed this.
I got these today. Put them on today very quickly because they fit so loose. That should have been my first warning sign. All the reviews i read said to leave them in the sun and then prepare for alot of work. These things slipped right on. and say puffed out because there is so much extra material. They slide like mad when getting in the jeep....again ...because of poor fit and extra material. Quadratech doesnt want them back because technically there isnt anything wrong with them....other than being POS product. Not really their fault, other than not having a customer review section so we can warn each other about bad products. Ah well. last purchase from Quadratech solely for this reason. I wouldnt discourage others from using Quadratech, just my preference. I would warn anybody from wasting any time or money on Coverking products though. They are junk. Buyer beware.
Sorry to hear about this! Please PM me your order number and we'll get you taken care of!

Thanks,

-Rick



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
I don't buy much from Quadratech because they are not really that competitively priced, especially for an online store, and never run specials, discounts, or deals on shipping. They do, however, have quite a large selection, including some items you just can't find other places.

I have recently found that they also have excellent customer service. I have been meaning to make a separate thread about this, but I was trying to order a set of Classic Tube stainless steel brake lines and had numerous issues. I spoke to Quadratech customer service several times and must say I could not be more pleased with their customer service. Even if they cost a little more they will definitely continue to get business from me in the future.

Its unfortunate that they were unable to help you with the seat covers; however, based on my recent experience I would guess that if you had been able to find something legitimately wrong (i.e. manufacturing defect, etc) they would have taken them back.
Don't forget, we offer FREE Standard Shipping (Surcharges still apply to hitches, winches, tires, etc.) to all Jeep Forum members! Just PM me for the Promo Code & link
__________________
Quadratec Web Team

We Price Match, PM me for a quote

Online Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

Jeep Parts | Jeep Wheels | Jeep Tires | Jeep Lift Kits | Jeep Bumpers | Jeep Soft Tops
Quadratec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
The_Dealer
Registered User
2003 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Macon, Georgia
Posts: 1,469
I've had nothing but good experiences with QT. Just thought I'd mention. They ship fast as well
__________________
My build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/the_dealers-soft-core-build-1476982/
The_Dealer is online now   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.