Recently came across problems with my TJ. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Recently came across problems with my TJ.

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 09-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
KeepCalm-JeepOn
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Recently came across problems with my TJ.

Ok first off, I don't know much about mechanical work, but I'm working on it. But recently my Jeep started acting up. It only ever happens when I'm initially cranking it up, most of the time it does 2 turns and then has a short lag before it finishes turning to crank up...which wasn't too big of a deal until recently (so far 2 times) it just completely wouldn't even turn at all and I had to let it sit a few hours before it would even turn to crank. My guess is that it has something to do with the starter or alternator but I figured I would at least ask here and see what I got. Thanks for all of the help in advance.

KeepCalm-JeepOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
jwill
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like your battery. Did you test it?
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
joe108
2003 TJ Wrangler 

^ have it load tested, or change if its old then go from there.
joe108 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Brimstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Agreed, its probably the battery, but you could pull both the battery and alternator and take them down to a parts store to have them tested. If both of them test OK then check the starter.

If you pull the alternator make sure to disconnect the battery first.
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
crank , issue , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.