Received and Installed New Rampage Bowless Top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Received and Installed New Rampage Bowless Top

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
ChemESGH
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Received and Installed New Rampage Bowless Top

Got mine off of Ebay, only place I could find the Spice tops in stock. Received it Tuesday evening but had gotten "beat up" installing new wheels and tires with a jack that was too small, plus it was probably 110+ in our garage so I was drained.

I woke up early Wednesday before work and pulled all of the OEM framework off and tried to install it that morning. I couldn't get the plastic clips to attach over the doors, needed to le tthe sun and heat of the day help stretch it a bit. Got home that afternoon, let it sit in the sun for a while, then had it on in less than 30 minutes. That's with Sunkist breaks and double checking instructions.

I'm very pleased, though I may be a bit biased as my old top was ripped down one side and I got rained on inside my jeep the last few weeks. But leaks aside, I like the look of it, the larger windows and the window storage in the top.

Here are some pics:

Old top, separated at the window seam...and with old wheels.

New top and wheels

ChemESGH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
KEH1997
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Not bad... Is it pretty quiet?
KEH1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
ChemESGH
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I got up to about 60 mph this morning, not much noise at all. No flapping, whipping etc. Granted I'm comparing to my old top that was separated at the top seam pretty much down the whole drivers side so my perception may be a bit skewed. I definitely can hear the radio and calls on my bluetooth headset much better.
Unread 08-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
JelloJeep
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Looks good! Can't wait for the LJ version!
JelloJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
mrbates
RESIDENT METAL
2003 TJ Wrangler 

looks nice man, i vote you keep the old wheels though, they compliment your jeep better.

2003 X. 3" SA. Locked D44s F/R. 35" MTR-K's
mrbates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
ChemESGH
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbates View Post
looks nice man, i vote you keep the old wheels though, they compliment your jeep better.
Thanks man.

As for the wheels, I've gotten differing opinions on the new vs. the old. I guess it's just a personal choice thing, I just like the look of the black wheels better. Plus the backspacing on the old ones was only 3.25" so they stuck way out, just didn't like the look of them.
Unread 05-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
99_TJ_Wyoming
Web Wheeler
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I like the black better myself
99_TJ_Wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #8
MT_Ranger
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^ DITTO ^

I like the black wheels also.

[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Red"]Red Jeep Club Member #552[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
MT_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
cjjon7
1983 CJ7 

Why are some of these the squared door corner and some the rounded?

Looking for the rounded model for the YJ and cant seem to find one.
cjjon7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
rampage , bowless , top , soft , tj , wrangler , install , installed , installing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.