rebuilding tranny - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rebuilding tranny

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-08-2005, 08:36 PM   #1
ugrider21

rebuilding tranny

hey, a posted a while ago about my transmission going, and i've almost decided to re-build it myself. time is not an issue, as i have another vehicle to drive. i was just wondering if any of you have rebuilt a transmission (5spd AX-15) and if you thought it was worth your time. also, would NAPA or autozone be able to get the parts i would need? i figured i'd re-do the entire thing, clutch syncros and gears while i had it out. thank you for any advice you can give me.

[B]'97 Sport green[/B], 4.0 5spd, [B]Bestop[/B] supertop, [B]RE[/B] 3.5", 33x10.5 [B]BFG[/B] a/ts on 15x8 [B]Cragar[/B] 397's, [B]Warn[/B] rockcrawler front bumper, [B]KC[/B] 100W on windshield, [B]Hella[/B] 500 fogs on bumper, [B]K&N[/B] intake, [B]Flowmaster[/B] 40, [B]Herc'd[/B] interior, [B]B&M[/B] shortthrow, [B]PORC[/B] SYE, [B]Collis[/B] custom CV shaft, [B]Nth Degree [/B] rear UCA's, [B]Gopher-it [/B] bell-up, [B]Novak[/B] t-case shifter, [B]MORE[/B] 1" MML/BL.
ugrider21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2005, 08:34 PM   #2
ugrider21

noone on here has ever messed with a tranny?
[B]'97 Sport green[/B], 4.0 5spd, [B]Bestop[/B] supertop, [B]RE[/B] 3.5", 33x10.5 [B]BFG[/B] a/ts on 15x8 [B]Cragar[/B] 397's, [B]Warn[/B] rockcrawler front bumper, [B]KC[/B] 100W on windshield, [B]Hella[/B] 500 fogs on bumper, [B]K&N[/B] intake, [B]Flowmaster[/B] 40, [B]Herc'd[/B] interior, [B]B&M[/B] shortthrow, [B]PORC[/B] SYE, [B]Collis[/B] custom CV shaft, [B]Nth Degree [/B] rear UCA's, [B]Gopher-it [/B] bell-up, [B]Novak[/B] t-case shifter, [B]MORE[/B] 1" MML/BL.
Unread 02-10-2005, 08:45 PM   #3
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

how much info do you really want?

I have the '98 FSM...which has the AX-15 info...

75 pages worth of info...with the following Table of Contents:

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #4
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would search/post in the YJ forum too. I recall one guy (cajunyj or something) rebuilt his. Someone needs to do a good write-up. I'm sure my day will coming at some point in the future...not that mine is bad, just the classic synchros between 1st and 2nd. Good luck.
Unread 02-10-2005, 09:29 PM   #5
DLoweinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWaylon
how much info do you really want?

I have the '98 FSM...which has the AX-15 info...

75 pages worth of info...with the following Table of Contents:

http://truckforums.net/gallery/album...ax15.sized.jpg

Greg
I 2nd this.

If you really are going to do this yourself the factory service manual is going to be your best friend.
Unread 02-10-2005, 09:29 PM   #6
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here we go: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/searc...1&pp=20&page=2

Check out some of these...
Unread 02-11-2005, 05:31 AM   #7
ugrider21

thanks guys...ill get an FSM asap

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.