Rear YJ Bumper fit TJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear YJ Bumper fit TJ?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
DaveinHouston
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rear YJ Bumper fit TJ?

Anyone know if the bolt pattern is different on the rear bumper from a YJ to a TJ? I built a rear bumper with a heavy tire carrier for my YJ that I want to install on my Rubicon and just curious if it's a bolt on or am I going to have to do some fabrication.

bumper.jpg  

- NRA Life Member - Licensed to Carry and Do.
DaveinHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
M_Hudek
1998 TJ Wrangler 

yj had 8 holes (4 on each side) tj only has 2...other then thats its the same...if the bumper has bolts permenitly fixed to the bumper..your either gunna have to make 2 holes for the 2 new bolts(which is a *****) or cut off the 2 center bolts on the bumper...then it will line up perfectly
M_Hudek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If you're lucky enough to own a 97 like me it's a straight bolt on affair as I have all the holes already. On a newer one there may be drilling involved.
Unread 04-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
DaveinHouston
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. I'm trying to decide if I should let this bumper go with the YJ when I sell it or put it on the Rubi.

- NRA Life Member - Licensed to Carry and Do.
DaveinHouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.