Rear YJ Bumper fit TJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear YJ Bumper fit TJ?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Unread 04-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
DaveinHouston
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rear YJ Bumper fit TJ?

Anyone know if the bolt pattern is different on the rear bumper from a YJ to a TJ? I built a rear bumper with a heavy tire carrier for my YJ that I want to install on my Rubicon and just curious if it's a bolt on or am I going to have to do some fabrication.

bumper.jpg  

- NRA Life Member - Licensed to Carry and Do.
DaveinHouston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
M_Hudek
1998 TJ Wrangler 

yj had 8 holes (4 on each side) tj only has 2...other then thats its the same...if the bumper has bolts permenitly fixed to the bumper..your either gunna have to make 2 holes for the 2 new bolts(which is a *****) or cut off the 2 center bolts on the bumper...then it will line up perfectly
M_Hudek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If you're lucky enough to own a 97 like me it's a straight bolt on affair as I have all the holes already. On a newer one there may be drilling involved.
Unread 04-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
DaveinHouston
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. I'm trying to decide if I should let this bumper go with the YJ when I sell it or put it on the Rubi.

- NRA Life Member - Licensed to Carry and Do.
DaveinHouston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.