Rear track bar relocation bracket mounting. Cut hole in tub? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear track bar relocation bracket mounting. Cut hole in tub?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 11-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #16
SolidBrass
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well I've a lot more room back there now that I've proper tools and jacks. set of 6K jacks, impact wrench, and floor jack later and there is much more room to sag the rear with wheels off. (Don't think I could get my big old regular drill in there but lots of room for the angle drill.

SolidBrass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #17
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

an adjustable track bar will still require the OME or like relocation bracket to prevent the track bar from prying the bracket off the axle. I couldn't even beging to tell how many I've fixed or how many people will argue about it.

JKS rear adjustable shown....

any shock longer than stock requires the use of at least 1.25" rear bumpstop extensions, which is the amount needed to prevent the bracket from hitting the tub.
an angle drill is not needed with the shocks and track bar end unbolted, the axle hangs plently low.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #18
raj111983
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidBrass View Post
I ordered this... 18 Volt 3/8" Cordless Right Angle Drill

should do the job... hope hope
I am having the issue as you did in the past to drill a hole in the top of relocation bracket. Were you ever able to drill that hole with angled drill? How did you do this? Did you take off the coil spring? Thanks in advance
raj111983 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #19
tommyduncan
2012 JK Wrangler 

I cured my DW by replacing a bent rear lCA. I don't think a trackbar would cause enough problems though?
tommyduncan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #20
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj111983 View Post
I am having the issue as you did in the past to drill a hole in the top of relocation bracket. Were you ever able to drill that hole with angled drill? How did you do this? Did you take off the coil spring? Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
an angle drill is not needed with the shocks and track bar end unbolted, the axle hangs plently low.
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #21
Patrick H

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I just jacked up the rear and supported it by the frame. Cordless Dewalt, regular bit fit in there fine without disconnecting anything. 2" BDS springs, 1.25" body lift.

Tags
track bar , rear , trac bar , bracket , bent , broken , fix , replace , replacing , help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.