rear track bar extension?.. or not? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rear track bar extension?.. or not?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-27-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
suicide
2006 TJ Wrangler 

rear track bar extension?.. or not?

I am installing a JKS rear track bar, it is adjustable from 0 to 2.5 inches, so do I need the OME track bar tower? I am thinking "Yes" since the the track bar will be at the end of it's adjustment (OME HD kit).
What do you guys think?

suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 04:48 AM   #2
suicide
2006 TJ Wrangler 

bump
Unread 11-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #3
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would think NO.

With a 2" lift myself my axle is only pulled 1/4" out of alignment (left to right). This translates into a measured differences of 1/2" from one side to the other. I'd think that JKS's trackbar would give plenty of lenth to center your axle, even at full adjustment.

I installed a trackbar extension bracket for the rear axle and wish I didn't. It pushed the trackbar up enough to interfere with the gas tank skid and I'm uncomfortable with the added leverage it puts on the stock bracket (though it's probably fine). The bracket extension is coming off an an adjustable trackbar installed probably this coming spring.
Unread 11-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
rob5059MOD

2007 JK Wrangler 

No, you will not need the bracket. It will fit fine and have room for adjustments.

SOLD 06 Wrangler Unlimited Khaki, Congo Cage, D30 w/Aussie & D44 w/ Limited slip and 3.73 gears, 231HD transfer case with 2LOW and JB Conversions SYE with a Tom Woods DS. LIFT: Full Traction 4" Ultimate lift and JKS BL, Brown Dog MML. SKIDS: Jeep Medic TT and Oil Pan, Warn Gas Tank, and Rusty's Steering Box & Radiator. STEERING: ZJ steering, and PCS Steering Box. Running on 35" BF Goodrich Mud Terrains. And to ruin the look, I added Warn 6" flares to keep it legal.
rob5059MOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #5
06rubicon
1998 ZJ 

I have a 2" lift +1 1/4" poly spacers in front on an 06 rubicon, I removed the track bars front and rear and modified them to the proper length. The front was just a heat and bend job, the rear was cut and weld 3/16 of an inch longer.
06rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #6
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Since I can't search this forum anymore, here's a link to an appropriate discussion: http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=645235
Border Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2006, 01:09 AM   #7
suicide
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Dave
Since I can't search this forum anymore, here's a link to an appropriate discussion: http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=645235
Thanks everybody.

I think I will go ahead and get those BPE's from JKS too.
Jim
Unread 11-03-2006, 06:08 AM   #8
blacktjsport
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have a rear trackbar question. If I have ~4" of suspension lift and an SYE, will I need the RE CV rear trackbar bracket and an adjustable trackbar or can I run with only 1 of the above? If I can safely run only 1 of the above choices, which is the best option to use? Why do most kits only come with the bracket and not the adj. trackbar? Thanks,

-Matt

-Parts list keeps growing...
blacktjsport is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.