Rear Spring Relocator Kit? - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 09-11-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Benderff
Web Wheeler
 
Benderff's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,264
Rear Spring Relocator Kit?

I'm doing a bunch of shopping for a long arm kit like I should have bought to start with and saw these. Anyone used them? Is there a better kit around? Are the worth it?

https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...ode=NTH23030AA

Benderff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 Old 09-11-2009, 11:53 PM
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,977
nth degree parts are hard to beat. If you're going long arm and want the best all around performance nth is the way to go... my rubi is littered with nth stuff along with other fabricated parts.

the spring relocators work great and are very easy to install, I've done a few and the shop is an authorized aev/nth dealer.



I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline  
post #3 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 07:41 AM
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit
 
spyder6's Avatar
2010  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 12,040
i have them, and have used them. but currently have them removed because it made my jeep too tall. im considering down the road of getting the AEV 3" coils and reinstalling them with a puck up front.

when id did use them though, they worked incredibly well!

2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline  
post #4 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 08:30 AM
uvalax236
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
when id did use them though, they worked incredibly well!
Did they help make the rear end more stable? I am considering this or the Rusty's weld on perches...Anyone have experience with the Rusty's kit?

06 Solar Yellow AT
Banks Headers, ARB Periscope, Clayton LA/TT,
Coast 1350 Shaft, JKS BL/BMML/Quicker Discos/Adj BumpStops,
RE 4.5 Springs/BrakeLines/HD TB, Currie Steering, VVME 3000k, 6000k HID Systems, IPF H4 Headlights,
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Moab's, 5.13's and TruSpeed
uvalax236 is offline  
post #5 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Sweeney
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Spencer, MA
Posts: 1,325
I have them. They came as part of my 4.5" Nth LA system. Everything about the system and Nth products that I've seen so far is top notch.

Another option you have is to relocate the original spring seats. I believe there are also companies making the spring seats alone. These would require removal of the originals but give you a more robust seat as they're made from 3/16" material.
Sweeney is online now  
post #6 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 AM
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit
 
spyder6's Avatar
2010  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 12,040
they did, also improved the ride slightly. however, i think i would have noticed its effects a lot more if i had long arms.

2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline  
post #7 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Sweeney
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Spencer, MA
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvalax236 View Post
Did they help make the rear end more stable? I am considering this or the Rusty's weld on perches...Anyone have experience with the Rusty's kit?
What they do is allow the spring to function properly by taking out the bow (inherent with rotating the rear axle) which eliminates coil binding.
Sweeney is online now  
post #8 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Imped
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 20,294
I've got the Black Diamond kit sitting in my garage (has been for about 10 months) but I'll get them on sometime.

OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline  
post #9 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 24,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
Another option you have is to relocate the original spring seats. I believe there are also companies making the spring seats alone. These would require removal of the originals but give you a more robust seat as they're made from 3/16" material.
x2. Superlift and Ballistic Fab sell kits that will work.

Heres a good thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/re...cators-684217/


Superlift:

Superlift Jeep TJ Wrangler Rear Coil Spring Correction Kit
Unlimited04 is offline  
post #10 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 09:57 AM
emev0l
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
nth degree parts are hard to beat. If you're going long arm and want the best all around performance nth is the way to go... my rubi is littered with nth stuff along with other fabricated parts.

the spring relocators work great and are very easy to install, I've done a few and the shop is an authorized aev/nth dealer.



I don't suppose you can get us really good deals on AEV products.....

2001 TJ 4.6 Auto 4.5" AEV suspension 35's
2002 TJ 4.0 Manual 3" BDS suspension 33's
1987 Chevy 1 Ton 12" suspension 44's
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline  
post #11 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 10:48 AM
atxzj
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
i have them, and have used them. but currently have them removed because it made my jeep too tall. im considering down the road of getting the AEV 3" coils and reinstalling them with a puck up front.

when id did use them though, they worked incredibly well!
That is what I dont understand or like about this "kit". You end up having to band-aid your system by adding short rear coils and front spacers, negating the gains achieved by relocating the coils.

The proper way would be:

A. Cut the welds, relocate the existing brackets and weld em back on.
B. Remove them and install aftermarket mounts.
C. French the frame,move the coils back and outboard the shocks at the same time.

Option C will allow you to use your existing coils, and outboarding the shocks will further enhance stability. Total cost would be the same as the AEV bolt-on bonanza above.

Old stretch thread: http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403448
New stretch thread: http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=48591
atxzj is offline  
post #12 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 12:00 PM
emev0l
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxzj View Post
That is what I dont understand or like about this "kit". You end up having to band-aid your system by adding short rear coils and front spacers, negating the gains achieved by relocating the coils.

The proper way would be:

A. Cut the welds, relocate the existing brackets and weld em back on.
B. Remove them and install aftermarket mounts.
C. French the frame,move the coils back and outboard the shocks at the same time.

Option C will allow you to use your existing coils, and outboarding the shocks will further enhance stability. Total cost would be the same as the AEV bolt-on bonanza above.

They are originally made to work with a 4.5" front coil and a 3" rear coil, there included in AEV lift kits.

The total cost may be the same, if your time isn't worth anything.

If you don't want to run spacers up front buy longer springs.

2001 TJ 4.6 Auto 4.5" AEV suspension 35's
2002 TJ 4.0 Manual 3" BDS suspension 33's
1987 Chevy 1 Ton 12" suspension 44's
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline  
post #13 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 01:24 PM
atxzj
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by emev0l View Post
They are originally made to work with a 4.5" front coil and a 3" rear coil, there included in AEV lift kits.

The total cost may be the same, if your time isn't worth anything.

If you don't want to run spacers up front buy longer springs.
A 1.5" difference in coil lift(?) Having to purchase additional coils or spacers. Are you factoring that into the cost? Bandaids.

My time is worth plenty, and I would rather invest my time building something that works rather than buying something that doesn't. That is unless you lack the necessary skills and tools to do so. If that is the case, then by all means, buy as many U-bolted brackets as you can stand.

Old stretch thread: http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403448
New stretch thread: http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=48591
atxzj is offline  
post #14 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 03:36 PM
matt79
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: هيوستن
Posts: 98
I've got an RE 4.5" SA lift and mine sags a little in the back. With people/gear in the back it only gets worse. I think I'm gonna get the AEV kit to kill two birds with one stone.
matt79 is offline  
post #15 of 34 Old 09-12-2009, 03:38 PM
J03_TJ
Web Wheeler
 
J03_TJ's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Reno
Posts: 4,047
I've been looking at these too. I finally have my jeep sitting nice on 4" springs. I fear buying these and putting 3" springs in the back and having a tilted jeep because I don't want my front on anything over 4". So I could buy some 2.5 inch springs and might equal out, or might not?? Always has to be some sort of variable I don't want to deal with. I like the weld on ones too, too bad I don't know how to weld vary well.
J03_TJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
AEV rear spring relocator w/ RE 3.5" lift. MeltdWhiskey TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 0 06-24-2009 08:19 AM
make your own rear track bar relocator? asjeep TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 5 03-05-2009 02:02 PM
Rear Coil bucket relocator krawler510 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 0 02-06-2008 03:37 PM
Need a rear track bar relocator? alex71 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 11 01-26-2006 01:43 PM
SYE and rear trackbar relocator bracket kaybone TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 4 01-24-2006 11:46 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome