Rear spring perch problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear spring perch problem

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
408jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rear spring perch problem

Hello,
So I currently have a 3" lift on my tj and am going to upgrade to get a sye and sv ds, I'm going to move up to 4 inch springs. My question is should I just get 4" springs for the rear or get a correction plate bracket that says will raise my tj an inch and a half? I like the bracket since it will correct the angle but will my back be too high with the 3" springs in the rear and 4" springs in the front ? Also I want the 4" rear springs more but how bad will the perch be with the axle rotated?

What should I do?
And ease don't say to cut and re weld new brackets because I don't have access to that, my only two options are those above

408jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Get the relocation brackets and see how you like it with the 3" springs. You can always change the front to 4" if it's too low. I really liked the improved ride that I got when I installed the relocating brackets. One of the best mods I made.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
KMET
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've been running AEV coil relocation bracket that add's 1 5/8" with Old Man EMU 2" springs, fronts are Rubicon Express 3.5

Tire size 315/75/16 (34.6")

o6 LJ see profile...
KMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #4
408jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ok looks like I'm probably gonna go with the correction brackets just for the extra comfort
408jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #5
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Why not cut off your stock perches and relocate them? Other than some welding wire and a touch of gas and electricity, its free.
willis36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.