Rear shocks are too long for the RC 2.5" spring lift. - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear shocks are too long for the RC 2.5" spring lift.

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 06-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #121
andrew383
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymedic View Post
My lift came in on Thurs it was done 4 hours later. I did not order the body lift. With full flex on the RTI ramp was rubbing slightly in the front i need about 1 inch more bump stop. At full flex the rear shocks were just sitting on the shock bump stops they were not crushing the stops. I very happy with my lift it scored a 1050 on the ramp which was higher than several high dollar long armed kits. Now if i just had lockers and the armor to protect it in the rocks i would be ready, That will come slowly. If someone could post pics for me let me know and i will send some.
good deal,i remember we talked about this lift when we rode last.Just post the link and ill repost them for ya

Unread 06-07-2009, 08:21 AM   #122
armymedic

http://img197.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=1005146.jpg
armymedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #123
andrew383
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
I have no intention of blasting rc.

I simply pointed out what they don't tell you or simply don't know themselves... the fact that the lack of axle bumptops "don't hurt RC 2.2 shocks"...

so,....since you're defending the "I" word.... would you like to find out your mounts and bar pins will get mangled by having it happen to you?, then call to say WTF? they'll just keep saying it won't hurt the shocks, you're left up a creek without a paddle at that point.

when my mounts come off, it'll be from a rock snagging em, not a curb at the grocery store.
let me give you this to look at.I wheeled the shortest shock they have(which is as short as there 1.75 BB shock) 2 weekends ago and i WISH i had the travel you do.Now both bushings at the top worked themselves out of the shock eye and a tore one of the rubber bumper things in half.Now the problem i have (as you know) is not a Rc related,i am however going to move my upper mounts to fix it.
Now on to the pics,i have a 1/4 inch of travel in my rear shocks in these pics and wheeled it pretty hard and with as much travel as you have i dont think your going to damage them like you think,idk thats just me.

and this is how it sits rite now and i got plenty of lift there no debate there.
Unread 06-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #124
andrew383
1997 TJ Wrangler 

33's?

Unread 06-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #125
armymedic

Yes brand new 33's. Rocker guards are next on the list. In the bottom pics the right rear was just sitting on the shock bump stop it was not compressing it at all. I'm very happy with the way it turned out.
armymedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #126
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew383 View Post
let me give you this to look at.I wheeled the shortest shock they have(which is as short as there 1.75 BB shock) 2 weekends ago and i WISH i had the travel you do.Now both bushings at the top worked themselves out of the shock eye and a tore one of the rubber bumper things in half.Now the problem i have (as you know) is not a Rc related,i am however going to move my upper mounts to fix it.
Now on to the pics,i have a 1/4 inch of travel in my rear shocks in these pics and wheeled it pretty hard and with as much travel as you have i dont think your going to damage them like you think,idk thats just me.

actually if you had some uptravel, the upper bushings would not have gotten destroyed... those lower shock mounts look like wj grand mounts.. if you're intersted I can send you some mounts to weld on or a pattern to make em yourself... they'll make a completely different jeep outta it. i'm not interesed in compensation, your lower shock mounts are just plain wrong, I feel for you, let me know, I'll get a pair cut out and in the mail...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #127
BWFBezerk
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWFBezerk View Post
Called RC this morning and got my set of shocks on the way, he said it might be a couple days so I'll let everyone know how long it took. Great customer service though, I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. Not many companies would be willing to take this kind of hit to keep their name good. I will be doing business with RC as much as I can, but since I already have their winch plate, stinger bumper, and side rails, I'm not sure there is much else to get from them lol.
Well, today, the 10th. My new shocks came, I just wasn't here to sign for them, but 8 days after I called them about my old ones, they came, RC great customer service.
BWFBezerk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #128
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, today, the 10th. My new shocks came, I just wasn't here to sign for them, but 8 days after I called them about my old ones, they came, RC great customer service.
I posted this on another thread concerning this topic, but I called last Thursday to get the shorter shocks and they arrived Tuesday--no questions asked! Great CS.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #129
jgorm
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My shorter shocks should be here friday. RC rules!! I'll make a new video once i mount them.
jgorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #130
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
My shorter shocks should be here friday. RC rules!! I'll make a new video once i mount them.

so.. how bout posting some actual measurments.... extended and colapsed.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #131
BWFBezerk
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Will do tomorrow. One complaint though about these shocks, they were sent without decals, so my front ones will say RC, but the rear shocks will be plain grey :-(. Also, they do not have the bushings in the end, so you have to pop out the old ones and put them in the new ones. Do they just pop out though, or is there some trick?

Here is the new shock:

sry for the bad quality, just putting a quick pic up before I go to bed.
Unread 06-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #132
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Will do tomorrow. One complaint though about these shocks, they were sent without decals, so my front ones will say RC, but the rear shocks will be plain grey :-(. Also, they do not have the bushings in the end, so you have to pop out the old ones and put them in the new ones. Do they just pop out though, or is there some trick?

Here is the new shock:

sry for the bad quality, just putting a quick pic up before I go to bed.
holy crap... no sticker?

send it back, lol

the bushings go in decent with some lubicant and a vice or a square rap with a hammer.... I just put in some skyjacer bushings I ended up chamfering with a bench grinder a little, then they sliped right in..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #133
jgorm
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I did on my site here for the original shocks.
http://www.joegorm.com/rc_2_5_spring...argo_hatch.htm
I'll do the same for the new shocks. None of my shocks came with the stickers on. I like it that way. (they came with plenty of stickers, but i like to maintain a low profile.)
Unread 06-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #134
BWFBezerk
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
I did on my site here for the original shocks.
http://www.joegorm.com/rc_2_5_spring...argo_hatch.htm
I'll do the same for the new shocks. None of my shocks came with the stickers on. I like it that way. (they came with plenty of stickers, but i like to maintain a low profile.)
lol, "low profile" with a lifted Jeep.................lol...................nvm
Unread 06-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #135
jgorm
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
lol, "low profile" with a lifted Jeep.................lol...................nvm
haha, its better than gobs of chrome, bright yellow parts, stickers on every part that scream "my jeep has tons of money in it and i have the stickers to prove it". I was thinking about painting all the parts black. I'm going to paint all the visible parts on my mustang suspension black to let it "blend in" a bit more. I cause enough trouble that i don't need to attract any more attention, and its just the style i like.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.