Rear shocks are too long for the RC 2.5" spring lift. - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear shocks are too long for the RC 2.5" spring lift.

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #106
fortz
2002 TJ Wrangler 

good on them for making it right. realistically most consumers would be willing to go with whoever provides the highest level of customer service. the fact that some companies don't pay enough attention to it doesn't exactly inspire me to buy products. when an outfit like RC will go the extra mile to correct an oversight, it DOES inspire me to buy their products. other guys could learn from this.

Last edited by fortz; 06-02-2009 at 05:17 PM..
fortz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #107
sameolsong
2000 TJ Wrangler 

so if you order the kit now are you going to get 2 diffrent lenght shocks.The long ones for the front and short ones for the rear.
And great job by rc for making this right.
sameolsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #108
armymedic

I ordered my kit yesterday, I was told it should ship Wed or Thur with the new shorter shocks for the rear. I'm in the 1 day shipping area hope it makes it bye Friday, because we are having a off road car show at the Clarksville IN Bass pro Shop Sat.
armymedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #109
BloodThirsty
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymedic View Post
I ordered my kit yesterday, I was told it should ship Wed or Thur with the new shorter shocks for the rear. I'm in the 1 day shipping area hope it makes it bye Friday, because we are having a off road car show at the Clarksville IN Bass pro Shop Sat.

NICE! I didn't know that. I'm in Madison and will be in the area on Saturday. I'll be sure to check it out. Nice first post by the way!
BloodThirsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #110
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Had my kit for a month or so. Contacted Jeffery about the shocks and he sent new ones out. Great customer service!
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #111
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
For $30 each. It took me a while to find because their website sucks.
http://www.currieenterprises.com/CES...6.aspx?id=3357
http://www.currieenterprises.com/CES...6.aspx?id=3358

I may have to pick up a set. Looks like a fairly easy mod, especially when my welder is still in my front garage.

those brackets will have to be 5.5" long from the outside raduis to the center of the shock bolt hole to make a difference on the rc 2.5" with 24" shocks...
coming from currie, they are prolly intended for clearance..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #112
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganst8fan View Post
Forgive me, but is there a way to tell post installation whether I have the correct or incorrect shocks? Can I measure the body of the shock? I don't want to find out the hard way by running it off road.

Please advise, just installed this lift a short while ago.
just like this..... if rc is suplying a new shock that's 1" shorter than the current shocks the shock travel measurement should be a little over 4" at ride height on level ground.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #113
BloodThirsty
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just want to say that I just talked to Jeff @ RC and I have to say their CS is TOP NOTCH!!! I am sold on RC. For his troubles I went ahead and ordered the Steering Stab and the BL+MML. I wanted them anyway so I figured he more then deserved the business. I will also suggest their products to several of my jeep buddies. Them doing right by this mistake will pay off for them.
BloodThirsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2009, 03:52 AM   #114
stadleroux
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Oh dear... I ordered mine about two weeks ago and am expecting it to arrive next Tuesday, but I'm not exactly sure when it shipped. Maybe I should rather hope there was a delay so that the order went through after RC had started shipping them with shorter shocks off the bat.

Very glad to hear about their excellent CS though, and still very keen to install the kit!
stadleroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #115
andrew383
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
just like this..... if rc is suplying a new shock that's 1" shorter than the current shocks the shock travel measurement should be a little over 4" at ride height on level groud
the rubber bumper is the new bumpstop
Unread 06-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #116
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew383 View Post
the rubber bumper is the new bumpstop
do some more reading

.... using the rubber bumper on the shock will damage the shock mounts, bar pins and risk damage to the shock it'self...

the bumpstops need to be set on the axle and frame, then the rubber stop on the shock needs to be cut off.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #117
andrew383
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
do some more reading

.... using the rubber bumper on the shock will damage the shock mounts, bar pins and risk damage to the shock it'self...

the bumpstops need to be set on the axle and frame, then the rubber stop on the shock needs to be cut off.
have you even talked to RC about how they designed this lift to work with the shocks?I talked to RC about my shock prob WAAAY before i posted about it,why?Because every freakin person that reads these threads is going "oh no i better not order this lift" when they really dont know WTF is really going on.Im not here to defend RC but to make people realize that if they have a problem with a product they need to TALK TO THE VENDOR FIRST not go blasting them on a forum.
Unread 06-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #118
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew383 View Post
have you even talked to RC about how they designed this lift to work with the shocks?I talked to RC about my shock prob WAAAY before i posted about it,why?Because every freakin person that reads these threads is going "oh no i better not order this lift" when they really dont know WTF is really going on.Im not here to defend RC but to make people realize that if they have a problem with a product they need to TALK TO THE VENDOR FIRST not go blasting them on a forum.
I have no intention of blasting rc.

I simply pointed out what they don't tell you or simply don't know themselves... the fact that the lack of axle bumptops "don't hurt RC 2.2 shocks"...

so,....since you're defending the "I" word.... would you like to find out your mounts and bar pins will get mangled by having it happen to you?, then call to say WTF? they'll just keep saying it won't hurt the shocks, you're left up a creek without a paddle at that point.

when my mounts come off, it'll be from a rock snagging em, not a curb at the grocery store.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-07-2009, 06:10 AM   #119
Weeeee
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I got my 2.5" RC kit back in March so is it safe to assume I got the longer shocks as well?
Weeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 06:35 AM   #120
armymedic

My lift came in on Thurs it was done 4 hours later. I did not order the body lift. With full flex on the RTI ramp was rubbing slightly in the front i need about 1 inch more bump stop. At full flex the rear shocks were just sitting on the shock bump stops they were not crushing the stops. I very happy with my lift it scored a 1050 on the ramp which was higher than several high dollar long armed kits. Now if i just had lockers and the armor to protect it in the rocks i would be ready, That will come slowly. If someone could post pics for me let me know and i will send some.
armymedic is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.