Rear extended Sway Bar links... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear extended Sway Bar links...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-18-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
CHRRRIS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Rear extended Sway Bar links...

So I got this lift that is just missing these rear-extended sway bar links, and I have looked around, and the best I could find (That will work with 3" SL) is this Skyjacker pair from Quadratec:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/26028_002.htm

It seems like it comes with alot of stuff, and works with my 3" kit...

I've also seen Quadratec's Rubicon Express, (I think) extended REAR sway bar links, and they are very cheap (like $30) but it doesn't say for how much lift they will work with..

Anyboyd know any good rear sway bar links for a 3" lift...and I can't get disco's because I am on a budget after buying the lift and tires... just looking for solid links that are good and inexpensive.

Also, the kit comes new with a Drop Pitman arm, but the guy said that the shop that installed the kit never put it on because he didn't need it... Does anyone think I will need one for the 3" SL?

Edit: Lastly, should I look into a new steering stabilizer as well? I've heard a lfit and 33's will start to worsen the steering...

My TJ is a '97-2.5-Auto by the way...

Current - '98 Black Z28 with some goodies
Previous - '97 Gun Metal Blue TJ

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
www.ExtremeJeepClub.com
CHRRRIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

No need for rear disconnects, stick with solid links. The only place i could find them was from BDS for $80, i ended up picking up some used ones for much cheaper.

You don't need the drop pitman arm, so don't worry about it.

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #3
PackMan

Location: Home of the Super Bowl XLI Champion Indianapolis Colts
I've heard that below 4" of lift (or even more), you don't need new sway bar links for the rear. Your angles are still within a functional range.
PackMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Leave the dropped Pitman arm in the box, the installer had the smarts to know your TJ didn't need it. If he had installed it, your TJ would have bump steer now.

And even if you could find them, don't install quick disconnects for the rear antiswaybar, if that's what you were thinking. Any solid link will work just fine in the rear, or make your own out of 1/2"x20 threaded rod and LH and RH threaded Heim joints as I did.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2007, 11:39 PM   #5
McLovin
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
Leave the dropped Pitman arm in the box, the installer had the smarts to know your TJ didn't need it. If he had installed it, your TJ would have bump steer now.

And even if you could find them, don't install quick disconnects for the rear antiswaybar, if that's what you were thinking. Any solid link will work just fine in the rear, or make your own out of 1/2"x20 threaded rod and LH and RH threaded Heim joints as I did.
Thats an interesting idea. Do you feel like the hiems have allowed more rear end travel? How big of hiems did you use?

That was inventive
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2007, 11:45 PM   #6
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_c
How big of hiems did you use?
Since the threaded rod was 1/2"x20, matching 1/2"x20 threaded Heims worked pretty well.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #7
CHRRRIS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMan
I've heard that below 4" of lift (or even more), you don't need new sway bar links for the rear. Your angles are still within a functional range.
Anybody else hear this?

If that's not true, would I want to get front links too?

Current - '98 Black Z28 with some goodies
Previous - '97 Gun Metal Blue TJ

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
www.ExtremeJeepClub.com
CHRRRIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2007, 01:40 PM   #8
McLovin
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If you don't get front links with your lift you'll end up breaking the stock ones sooner or later. You should really get the rear ones as well. But most lift kits come with them....
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.