JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Rear extended Sway Bar links... (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/rear-extended-sway-bar-links-403941/)

CHRRRIS 04-18-2007 07:55 PM

Rear extended Sway Bar links...

So I got this lift that is just missing these rear-extended sway bar links, and I have looked around, and the best I could find (That will work with 3" SL) is this Skyjacker pair from Quadratec:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/26028_002.htm

It seems like it comes with alot of stuff, and works with my 3" kit...

I've also seen Quadratec's Rubicon Express, (I think) extended REAR sway bar links, and they are very cheap (like $30) but it doesn't say for how much lift they will work with..

Anyboyd know any good rear sway bar links for a 3" lift...and I can't get disco's because I am on a budget after buying the lift and tires... just looking for solid links that are good and inexpensive.

Also, the kit comes new with a Drop Pitman arm, but the guy said that the shop that installed the kit never put it on because he didn't need it... Does anyone think I will need one for the 3" SL? :confused:

Edit: Lastly, should I look into a new steering stabilizer as well? I've heard a lfit and 33's will start to worsen the steering...

My TJ is a '97-2.5-Auto by the way...

SecondTJ 04-18-2007 10:31 PM

No need for rear disconnects, stick with solid links. The only place i could find them was from BDS for $80, i ended up picking up some used ones for much cheaper.

You don't need the drop pitman arm, so don't worry about it.

PackMan 04-18-2007 11:25 PM

I've heard that below 4" of lift (or even more), you don't need new sway bar links for the rear. Your angles are still within a functional range.

Jerry Bransford 04-18-2007 11:33 PM

Leave the dropped Pitman arm in the box, the installer had the smarts to know your TJ didn't need it. If he had installed it, your TJ would have bump steer now. :)

And even if you could find them, don't install quick disconnects for the rear antiswaybar, if that's what you were thinking. Any solid link will work just fine in the rear, or make your own out of 1/2"x20 threaded rod and LH and RH threaded Heim joints as I did. :)

McLovin 04-18-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
Leave the dropped Pitman arm in the box, the installer had the smarts to know your TJ didn't need it. If he had installed it, your TJ would have bump steer now. :)

And even if you could find them, don't install quick disconnects for the rear antiswaybar, if that's what you were thinking. Any solid link will work just fine in the rear, or make your own out of 1/2"x20 threaded rod and LH and RH threaded Heim joints as I did. :)

Thats an interesting idea. Do you feel like the hiems have allowed more rear end travel? How big of hiems did you use?

That was inventive:cool:

Jerry Bransford 04-18-2007 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn_c
How big of hiems did you use?

Since the threaded rod was 1/2"x20, matching 1/2"x20 threaded Heims worked pretty well. ;)

CHRRRIS 04-22-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackMan
I've heard that below 4" of lift (or even more), you don't need new sway bar links for the rear. Your angles are still within a functional range.

Anybody else hear this?

If that's not true, would I want to get front links too?

McLovin 04-22-2007 01:40 PM

If you don't get front links with your lift you'll end up breaking the stock ones sooner or later. You should really get the rear ones as well. But most lift kits come with them....

The time now is 01:14 AM.