rear ending protection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rear ending protection

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-24-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
claytonandson
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

rear ending protection

i saw a post last night about a guy w/a f**cked tailgate after some numb nuts hit his rig.thought i'd show you whats been on my tj that so far.....has prevented it from happen to me for 4 years.i actually use it for towing my air compressor.

new-bumper-001.jpg  
yellow jeep club #343
IAFF /FF's OF WASH. D.C. EMERALD SOCIETY/CHARLES COUNTY RESCUE SQUAD 51

Last edited by claytonandson; 08-26-2007 at 10:24 AM..
claytonandson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
Mike in IL
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That would sure stop them from hitting your tail end I would think. Make them look twice. I see your a Friefighter, re-tired EMT here. Worked with local department a number of years back. Hey, are those LED stop/tail lights I see? How do you like them? Hook-up any prblem? Also, the small lights on rear bumper, do they give enough light to see when out in the boonies at night. I'm wanting to install a set of rear lights for use when out in the dark-dark woods and trying to back up. I had thought a set of Aux. Flood style lights would work good.
Mike in IL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2007, 09:09 PM   #3
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

+1 on that idea.

That's the first Mod I've done to all my vehicles if possible. It's my second insurance policy. It helped me out to a degree when I was rear ended in my 2 dr 93 Jimmy. The frame was bent and the truck was totaled by the insurance company but at least the tailgate was undamaged.

Here's mine shortly after I got it.

Unread 08-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
claytonandson
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

for mike in IL.

i took the easy way out with the LED's. i got Off Road Only tail/tag/3rd brake lite set up. plug and play install.cost a few $$,but my baby got'em for me last X-mas. love'em. flat,no cutting and connect right to factory harness.by the way,i'm also retired FF/Paramedic. volunteer now,you know,can't get it out of the blood.rough being irish...ya know. got the ORO stuff @www.northridge4x4.com. no shipping charge.later.by the way,if you check my gallery there might be some other shots of the tails.
yellow jeep club #343
Unread 08-24-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
Mike in IL
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Someone else had installed LED's but had mentioned that they had to be spliced into wiring, not a plug and ply set up. Hey,, Irish, Eh? So are we, you've heard of the O'Tooles, O' Riellys, etc, well,,,,,mom always called dad an O' ****!! Ha,,,,Have a good one,,
Mike in IL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2007, 11:09 PM   #6
claytonandson
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

thats funny.....my mother always told me and my brother all the irish were good for was,fightin,drinkin,and running into buildings when everyone else is rumming out. 343 brother,nevr forget !!!!.
yellow jeep club #343

Last edited by claytonandson; 08-26-2007 at 10:22 AM..
Unread 08-24-2007, 11:21 PM   #7
AzTeal-J
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just hope you have a locking pin to keep that thing from growing legs.
AzTeal-J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.