Rear end problems!!! Need help!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear end problems!!! Need help!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #31
ACB2010
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
It does sound like spider gears. If it is, do not wait to long. Pull the cover and check them before a major malfunction happens.
that is the first thing I will be doing in the morning.

[CENTER][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][CENTER]01 White jeep sahara, black rhino lined hardtop, 4" suspension, 3" body, 35" MTZ, Front tube fenders, roof rack, 3% tint around 28% on windshield, two 10's probox[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-big-jack-1337227/] [SIZE="3"]My TJ build "Big Jack"[/SIZE][/url][/CENTER]
ACB2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #32
J03_TJ
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACB2010 View Post
I do not disagree with your point but I do believe for what info I'm trying to gain here in a fairly short period of time the posts I have made are readable yes I missed a period/comma here and there but honestly are any of my posts that hard to understand or are you guys just waiting to bust someone's balls?
It's all good, just felt like siding on this one for the team. You know Team America. Anyway, I give you lots of credit, seen plenty of threads, yours gets a B in the non grammar category.

In a way it's king of like the immigration problem occurring out west. Wishing more people would have addressed the problem, nut just let it compound on itself until it is all there is.
J03_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #33
ACB2010
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J03_TJ View Post
It's all good, just felt like siding on this one for the team. You know Team America. Anyway, I give you lots of credit, seen plenty of threads, yours gets a B in the non grammar category.
Well thank you sir, I'll check my grammar better next time. I did not think it was a big deal on a forum but i have been wrong about worse in life. Thanks for not coming at me with an attitude. Just looking for some advice from someone with experience in the issue.
[CENTER][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][CENTER]01 White jeep sahara, black rhino lined hardtop, 4" suspension, 3" body, 35" MTZ, Front tube fenders, roof rack, 3% tint around 28% on windshield, two 10's probox[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-big-jack-1337227/] [SIZE="3"]My TJ build "Big Jack"[/SIZE][/url][/CENTER]
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #34
J03_TJ
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACB2010 View Post
Well thank you sir, I'll check my grammar better next time. I did not think it was a big deal on a forum but i have been wrong about worse in life. Thanks for not coming at me with an attitude. Just looking for some advice from someone with experience in the issue.
If you keep it up maybe someone will show you the secret handshake.
There are guys posting on here with the best grammar, but not much sense, they don't get their hands slapped nearly as hard as grammar guys, that seems a little unfair to me. Just be glad if you aren't in that crowd.

I hope you get the answers to help you out.
J03_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #35
ACB2010
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J03_TJ View Post
If you keep it up maybe someone will show you the secret handshake.
There are guys posting on here with the best grammar, but not much sense, they don't get their hands slapped nearly as hard as grammar guys, that seems a little unfair to me. Just be glad if you aren't in that crowd.

I hope you get the answers to help you out.
I agree with that 100%. I've been only the forum for three years and I have read more posts than I can count. By no means am I saying I know alot about jeeps but I know a little and some of those e-thugs busting balls do not know what they are talking about.
Unread 03-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #36
ACB2010
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well the spider gears are done I'll try to take the cover off Tom and post pics I didn't have a camera yesterday so my question is what do I need to fix it I have a stock Sahara Dana 44 axle
Unread 03-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #37
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Spider gears.
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/categor...4_Spider_Gears
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #38
ACB2010
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks everyone for the advice. I just purchased grnssporty's dana 44 Trac loc. I will be taking mine out tom. and when the trac loc comes in hopefully thursday I will install it. I will take plenty of pictures for anyone else having this problem and post them. I hope this thread can help someone solve their problems.
Unread 03-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #39
ACB2010
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Okay my new or new to me trac loc will be here tom. I have already taken out my old one and clean the housing so it will be ready to install. My question is since I am using a new but exact same trac loc will I have to shim it? If so how is this done correctly? I will be using original ring and pinion im just installing the new carrier.
Unread 03-08-2012, 06:01 AM   #40
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You will need to check the gear pattern. Not all cases are amchined exactly the same. clearances are measured in .001 (that's 1/1000 of an inch). No way they are all going to be the same down the that close of a tolerance. install with the same amount of shims as the old one (you will have to measure the old shim packs) and go from there.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dana44 , help needed , rear end noise , suspension lift , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.