Rear Diff Oil level? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear Diff Oil level?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
ssb
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Rear Diff Oil level?

I remember reading somewhere - but cant find the thread or link. My rear Diff is at an angle (not level) - i suppose because of the PO trying to get the pinion angle right with the RE 3.5 lift. Anyways, since it is a bit tilted, wouldn't that mean there could have been less gear oil put in since the fill hole (in my case a rubber plug) is lower? I can swear i read where someone jacked up the rear end to make it higher so they could get more oil in..? What say you?

ssb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

do it, it will work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
ssb
2004 TJ Wrangler 

do you mean lift up the rear and fill it that way or just fill it with the pumkin tilted. Thanks again
Unread 06-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i know my 8.8 is at a angle, but the fill plug is on the opposite side of the diff, near where the pinion is, but i just filled until i felt it had enough, it took over a gallon! but for the 35 and being on the other side, if you wanted to do something i would jack the right rear tire up and angle the vehicle that way then add more.

You can search the specs in google as to how much fluid it should hold from the factory

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
95wrangler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #5
ssb
2004 TJ Wrangler 

man you guys a great.. thanks for the most ricky tik responses
Unread 06-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

you welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
ssb
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Check this out.. i think i may try it..

Dana 30/35/44 rear axle pinion bearing saver install | SavageSunJeep | SavageSun Engineering
Unread 06-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
RubiOR
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Clever... And if you install the elbow with the cover off you can trim / grind just right so that it doesn't hit the stock Rubi locker's air tube. If you have that kind of problem.

Tags
rear differential , maintenance , fluid capacity

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.