Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Ready to pull my hair out, new 3" lift and now DW.

2K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  SoonerYJ 
#1 ·
I installed a BDS 3" kit on my Rubicon and now it has such horrible DW its barely drivable.

I've had it aligned and caster is set at 6.5* on both sides, the toe is +.10* on both sides, the tires have been balanced to zero, the shocks and stabilizer are new, the track bar is a new BDS adjustable bar.

Tires are stock size MTR's with less than 2k on them and I'm running the stock wheels.

This thing is insane, at 48~50 it wobbles until I slow down, if I hit any bumps it wobbles too.

I'm going of the deep end.. I must find a fix !

On a side note, I also have vibration in third gear now. :confused:

#35 ·
Update, I have a friend that owns a body shop so today he pulled my frame and we re-aligned the Jeep, it all came out good and much better than I expected, and at no cost to me.. <--- Big sigh of relief.

I went ahead and decided to do a Hail Mary and get another set of tires, I installed a set of Bridgestone Revo 2's (free 30 day test drive) and drove it home, and even though I hesitate to say it, it seems good now.

I'll post in a couple of days once I've had time to drive it more just to be sure it doesn't sneak a DW in on me somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.