Re-tightenng Currie control arm bolts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Re-tightenng Currie control arm bolts?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 01-30-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
gijeep02
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Re-tightenng Currie control arm bolts?

Well I'm just finishing up my rear upper perch relocation and getting ready to install my new OME 4" coils. I had removed the rear axle to make it easier to do both the welding on the inner side of the upper perches and to weld on a trackbar bracket brace onto the axle housing. When I go to re-install the Currie control arms to the axle, do I need to use red locktite on the Currie bolts? The Currie bolts are using the type of nut that "locks" itself by deforming slightly...I believe??? So would these types of nuts require locktite when being reused?

gijeep02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 12:03 AM   #2
J03_TJ
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm still on my factory bolts and have had most of the arms off and quite a few times. For some reason I chose the control arm bolts as the ones I never put thread locker on. If I was going to use any it would be blue, but I don't imagine I'd ever need any seeing as I have never had one come loose. Hope someone else chimes in.
J03_TJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 12:38 AM   #3
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

They're called Stover locknuts, and the locking part is single use as far as I understand them.

I used red LocTite on reassembly and it's caused no issues.
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 08:34 AM   #4
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have taken my control arms on and off a few times,. The one bolt on the bottom front passenger side came loose. I use loc tite on it now and no problems since.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.