Well, this project is a year in the making and it all comes down to this next week. This next week is spring break, and I'm not working, no school, and no homework. A full week of uninterrupted work, and will be completely done in a weeks time. Starting today.
Unfortunately my paint shop has a modified winter schedule and wasn't open today and won't be open until Monday, so I won't be able to do any finishing body work until then. But I started wet sanding today and stripping the Jeep back down.
Of course no matter how hard you try, you always strip a torx bolt. This time it was one on the role cage so I could drop the windshield. Those bolts seem to be grade 5, not the other crappy stuff used on the door hinges and such. Drill? Nope, hardly put a dent in the bolt. Heat? Nope, butane didn't do anything. Had to get the Dremmel out and use a small cut off blade to make a notch in the bolt. I probably could have used the angle grinder with a 4" cut off blade, as the Dremmel was struggling. Got a notch cut and with a big flat head screw driver, channel locks, cursing, banging, the bolt came free.
Tomorrow I finish sanding, clean up, and get the garage prepped for painting. Monday I will buy the needed finishing putty and do that. Hopefully I can get the Jeep taped of by Monday night or Tuesday and paint Tuesday or Wednesday. This should give me the rest of the week to paint the rest of the flairs, rear wheel wells, and some of the roll cage. Sometime in May when I start working again I will be buying U-Pol Raptor and doing the inside of the tub and at the same time remove the roll cage completely and paint it.