RE adjustable rear track bar??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RE adjustable rear track bar???

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
NYwranglanator

RE adjustable rear track bar???

What end goes to the axle side and should I leave the old track bar bracket from my old lift or take it off???

Lou

Unread 04-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

The side with the rubber goes on the frame, the one with the heim misalignment setup goes to the axle. Did you get a bracket with the RE TB? There are two different ones, one for CV (angled #1602) and one for non-CV (straight #1603). Does it line up with your current bracket?
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
NYwranglanator

I have the angled track bar. Looks just like the factory bar. I didn't get the bracket with my kit.

Lou
Unread 04-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, the RE track bar is angled. Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant the RE TB brackets are either straight or angled. Hope it works out for you. When we did ours, we used the angled bracket because we had the adjustable upper control arms and a CV drive shaft.
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
NYwranglanator

I have adjustable UCA and CV driveshaft(well I will before the weekend is out). I have a straight track bar bracket already on from my black diamond lift. The angled bracket will have to come later unless I run into problems. Right now everything looks like its going to work....I hope.

Lou
Unread 04-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
Vacant Stare

Once you rotate the rear axle to set the pinion angle, you may find that the trackbar doesn't clear the gas tank skid if you don't go to a bracket that angles it forward. You won't really know until you've adjusted the pinion angle, but it's a common scenario.
Vacant Stare is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.