RE 3.5 Standard or Super flex? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RE 3.5 Standard or Super flex?

JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-01-2004, 07:18 PM   #1
nwacarguy

RE 3.5 Standard or Super flex?

This is the set up I'm thinkin of going with:

RE 3.5 Lift w/OME shocks
33x10.50 BFG MT on stock canyon rims
ARB front bumper with 8000 warn
warn rear bumper with tire carrier
wilderness rack with the light mounts
some kind rocker protection dont know what yet

Two questions:
1. Which is better and why, the RE 3.5 standard or super flex?
2. Do you think i'll need som 3/4 in spacers up front because of the weight of the ARB bumper and winch?

Thanks in advance

Unread 05-01-2004, 07:51 PM   #2
nwacarguy

Forgot to add that i have the d35 rear. The reason i did not get the d44 is because I got $4500 off sticker on the one in stock!!

Anyway will that be a prob with 33's. Should i go to a super 35?
Unread 05-01-2004, 10:49 PM   #3
nwacarguy

Anyone????????????????????????????
Unread 05-01-2004, 11:48 PM   #4
Avor
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwacarguy
Forgot to add that i have the d35 rear. The reason i did not get the d44 is because I got $4500 off sticker on the one in stock!!

Anyway will that be a prob with 33's. Should i go to a super 35?
I believe 33's are the "max" size for D35 ... just be careful since the larger the tires are the better the chance of breaking it are.
Unread 05-02-2004, 12:17 AM   #5
Markus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwacarguy
Two questions:
1. Which is better and why, the RE 3.5 standard or super flex?
2. Do you think i'll need som 3/4 in spacers up front because of the weight of the ARB bumper and winch?

Thanks in advance
Re: 3.5" lift. I strongly suggest you consider spending the extra and getting a RE 4.5" SF but have RE sub in 3.5" springs. You'll eventually want the adjustable upper arms anyway if you instal a SYE/CV. With lifts over 3-3.5" an adjustable track bar becomes oretty important as do extended brake lines, etc. It is much cheaper to buy these items up front rather than piece them together down the road.

Having said that, the 3.5 SF is the better of the 2 kits you mentioned. Your factory lower CA's are not up to the task of hard offroading and should be replaced with than much lift. I twisted 2 factory lowers before upgrading to the fixed RE lowers. They're tons thicker and you can still use them with up to a 4.5" lift. And you'll want discos if you plan to offroad your Jeep. RE discos aren;t the best around - look to JKS or Tera for better discos - but at least RE includes them in the 3.5SF setup. Only longer swaybar links are included in the std kit and they're not useful in offroad situations.

RE: ARB You will likely need 3/4" spacers up front. I ran on a 3T Tera lift with my bull bar for a year w/o a winch and even then there was some spring sag. Keep in mind Tera springs have a 20lb lower spring rate than do RE. However, it's safe to say your front will sit lower than the rear. If you really just need 1/2" spacer up front to level things out install the 3/4" spacer and leave the stock isolator (1/4" high) off to net 1/2" gain.
HTH

[URL=www.truro-offroad.com]TRURO OFFROAD[/URL]

Last edited by Markus; 05-02-2004 at 09:06 AM..
Markus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.