RE 3.5 Standard Lift Upgrade to the Super Flex - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RE 3.5 Standard Lift Upgrade to the Super Flex

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Currie RockJock Products!!

Unread 05-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
Disco69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

RE 3.5 Standard Lift Upgrade to the Super Flex

Has anyone upgraded their RE 3.5" standard lift to the 3.5" super flex? If I look at it correctly, the only thing that is different is the super flex comes with RE Discos and fixed F/R lower control arms. Right?

Anyone done this upgrade? If so, was their a difference noted on and off road?

[CENTER][B][SIZE="1"]3.5" RE Superflex Suspension Lift -|- RE Adjustable Trackbar -|- 35x12.50 STTs on Eagle Alloy 15x10s-|- D30 w/ ARB and Superior Outer Axle Seals -|- D44 w/ Detroit Locker -|- Superior 4.88s -|- ROKMEN Mercenary Front Bumper -|- ROKMEN Sliders -|- Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier -|- Warn M8000 Winch -|- JKS 1.25" BL -|- JKS 1" MML -|- Old Man Emu Long Travel Shocks -|- OME Stabilizer -|- ARB OBA -|- MetalCloak Arched Front Tube Fenders[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=767168"]My Build Thread[/URL][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Sienna Jeep Club Member #29[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="www.frozenaxles.com"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"]FROZEN AXLES[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Orange"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]Offroad[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
Disco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
otisdog
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You don't have to use RE parts to upgrade.
The main reason for upgrading the arms is that they have a flex joint to help with articulation and they are a tad longer than stock to help regain the bit of wheelbase you lost when lifting. The disco's are a great improvement for offroad.
For instance you could get JKS discos and Currie or Rokmen control arms - there's no reason you can't mix and match.
I have Pro Comp 4" springs, JKS dicos and JKS upper control arms. I have RE Superflex lower adjustable control arms and a Terflex adjustable trackbar.
Any control arms you get make sure they have a flex joint and are not just solid arms with bushings.
Jim
Unread 05-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #3
Disco69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Bumpity?

Bueller? Bueller?
[CENTER][B][SIZE="1"]3.5" RE Superflex Suspension Lift -|- RE Adjustable Trackbar -|- 35x12.50 STTs on Eagle Alloy 15x10s-|- D30 w/ ARB and Superior Outer Axle Seals -|- D44 w/ Detroit Locker -|- Superior 4.88s -|- ROKMEN Mercenary Front Bumper -|- ROKMEN Sliders -|- Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier -|- Warn M8000 Winch -|- JKS 1.25" BL -|- JKS 1" MML -|- Old Man Emu Long Travel Shocks -|- OME Stabilizer -|- ARB OBA -|- MetalCloak Arched Front Tube Fenders[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=767168"]My Build Thread[/URL][/COLOR]

[CENTER][URL="www.frozenaxles.com"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"]FROZEN AXLES[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Orange"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]Offroad[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
Unread 05-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
Disco69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I guess my biggest question is that I'm wondering if the new control arms are "plug-n-play".

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.