RE 3.5" Install help ! How to drill a hole in the rear track bar bracket ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RE 3.5" Install help ! How to drill a hole in the rear track bar bracket ?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-29-2004, 09:52 AM   #1
Humberto Benavides

RE 3.5" Install help ! How to drill a hole in the rear track bar bracket ?

I'm just waiting for my 3.5" RE Super Flex to arrive and I have been reading the install instructions from www.rubiconexpress.com, they mention to drill 2 holes in the rear trackbar bracket and original trackbar mount, one in the top and one in the angled side of the original trackbar mounting location, I just taked a look at my jeep and don't figure out how to drill the one in the top, space is tight there !!!
I think that everyone that has installed this suspension kit was in the same situation, how do you resolved that ? Any advice or tip ? Thanks !

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Tahoma]'03 Jeep Wrangler X Auto I6 4.0L, 3.5" RE Super Flex, 1" PA BL, M.O.R.E. 1" MML, 33x12.5x15 MT/R's, JKS Quick Discos, RE Front Adjustable Trackbar, Skyjacker Hydro7000 Shocks, OEM RUBICON Rocker Guards, WARN Steering Skidplate, Front Mopar Tow Hooks, Bushwacker 6" Extended Fender Flares, K&N drop-in air filter, Chicago Electric Winch, SS light bar with 4 Hella 500 Driving Lights, and stock no more ![/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][URL=http://www.teamlaredo4x4.com]Visit TeamLaredo4x4.com[/URL] [/COLOR][/FONT]
OOOO
[ŻŻŻŻ]
o||||o
▒-o-▒
Humberto Benavides is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2004, 09:58 AM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Support the frame by jackstands, unbolt the shocks from the axle and then unbolt the lower anti-swaybar links. Then lower the axle down with via the floor jack it was supported with and you will have much better (but stilll not great) access. I've drilled that bracket and while it's not easy, it can be done after unbolting the shocks and swaybar links to give the axle as much droop as possible.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.