RC 3.25in lift questions - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RC 3.25in lift questions

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 12-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #31
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jski701 View Post
The suspension stays stock, so no gain in articulation, no extra up and down travel, or any other benefits that come with some of the different suspension lifts available.
Not true, when a tub (body) lift is installed it allows greater articulation if/when the front sway bar is changed/disconnected. Changing the body lift (BL) to more than 1.25" isn't recommended... HTH

Unread 12-13-2013, 04:42 AM   #32
jski701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
Not true, when a tub (body) lift is installed it allows greater articulation if/when the front sway bar is changed/disconnected. Changing the body lift (BL) to more than 1.25" isn't recommended... HTH
Agreed, but it is true, my point was that a body lift alone, only makes more room. Not saying that it isn't useful, as you've pointed out, it can be quit advantageous, when coupled with other modifications. Just wanted people who weren't familiar (and might purchase this alone), to have a better quick understanding, and lead them to further research a body lift.
jski701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #33
Ncoffaro
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Would you guys recommend i do a small 1-1.25 inch BL before i do a SL?
Ncoffaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #34
jski701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you're planning on doing one anyway, why not start with it. It won't make the tires look as small, as if you started with a 3.25" SL and didn't change the tires. Then you'll have more time to plan the rest of your lift, and start collecting parts, as you save up money.
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #35
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The suspension stays stock, so no gain in articulation, no extra up and down travel, or any other benefits that come with some of the different suspension lifts available.
JSKI701'S JEEP
User Has Not Filled Out Jeep Information.
Quote:
Quote:
Agreed, but it is true, my point was that a body lift alone, only makes more room.
JSKI701'S JEEP
User Has Not Filled Out Jeep Information.
Adding a body lift when disconnecting/or modifying the front sway bar does give the suspension more articulated travel as opposed to the OEM suspension/BM.

More tire clearance = more articulation/travel for the suspension... HTH
Unread 12-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #36
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncoffaro View Post
Would you guys recommend i do a small 1-1.25 inch BL before i do a SL?
Yes. Look at the link l left for you. The 3.75" kit has the 1.25" body lift including in it. You can install that and add the suspension lift later.
rda616 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #37
jski701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Adding a body lift when disconnecting/or modifying the front sway bar does give the suspension more articulated travel as opposed to the OEM suspension/BM.

More tire clearance = more articulation/travel for the suspension... HTH
I'm not one to argue much, so I can't understand why you've highlighted something twice, that I've already explained. I addressed a statement that a body lift gives more ground clearance, which it does not, it just makes more room. I agreed with you that it will give you other benefits with other modifications, but a body lift alone does not give more articulation without modifying something else. My point was so that when someone installs a body lift (only) they aren't wondering why they haven't gained any ground clearance. You've added some good point as to where you can gain from a body lift, but we aren't really having the same conversation. You're acting as if I said it can never be achieved, which would be wrong, I only commented on what a body lift does, out of the box, without any further modifications.
So yes while your statements are true, so are mine, you're just talking about something different than I am.
No disrespect intended, if I'm coming across that way, but the OP seemed a little green and I wanted to point out what might have otherwise been the obvious to everyone else.
I've owned and modified 4x4s for all of the 29 years that I'm driving, but currently do not have a jeep, as my blank profile will indicate. Hopefully within the next few weeks, one of the deals Im working on will come through, and with all of the help, from questions you guys have answered, I will have a profile to fill out.
Thank you for the help there and I'm sure more to come. Again, no disrespect, so please don't be offended.

Anthony
Unread 12-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #38
Ncoffaro
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok so lets say i did a 1.25 BL and then got longer sway bar links...those sway bar links will provide more articulation and the BL will make it so the tires will not rub on anything?
Ncoffaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.