RC 3.25 lift feedback and pics! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RC 3.25 lift feedback and pics!

8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #31
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
you're like the only person who has ever answered this question straight out and now i think im gunna get the 3.25 in lift for sure!!!!
Hey man no problem!! It's always best to know as much as possible about anything before you buy it. I am the same way and I took A LOT of time researching different lift kits before I made the choice of the RC 3.25". This kit is an awesome kit and you just can't beat the price! Ask for Jeffrey when you call and he will give you a discount for being a JF member. Feel free to PM me anytime you have any questions about this kit and I will gladly help ya out

B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #32
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I installed the RC 1.25" BL and RC 1" MML Saturday and it was a breeze! Did it solo with the exception of my brother handing me tools and help w/ guiding the motor back into place on the lifted mounts. it was so much easier then I expected! It definitely helped that I used a lot of PB blaster last week and had plenty of extensions for those hard to reach places

All I can say is WOWWWWW!! I'm not a fan of BLs but this made such a huge difference when added with the 3.25" suspension lift and does not look bad at all! I now have my 33x12.5 TrXus mounted and there's sooo much room for flex and it has a sick looking stance! By far the least expensive and most practical way to get 4.5" - 5" of lift in my opinion! I was able to remove the TC drop kit since the MML eliminated the bad drive-line angle so I gained 1.25" of clearance all around. Absolutely no vibes at all which I was very pleased about

I currently have the jeep on jack stands since I'm restoring the frame and painting some of the exposed under body flat black to help make it less noticeable but as soon as I'm finished I'll post some pics. I'll also have some wheeling pics next Sat when I make the run to the cliffs

IndyORV
Unread 09-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #33
element54
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So when you insatalled the transfer case drop kit it fixed the vibes during acceleration? I installed my lift friday night and sofar all i have noticed is a little bit of vibe during acceleration around a corner from like a stop sign. I don't really want to drop the TC but i guess i could do it to see what effect it has on my little vibe issue.
Unread 09-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #34
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just to clarify, your axle DID shift, whether you want to correct it by replacing the track bar or drilling a new hole in the bracket is up to you. It may not have shifted much but it did shift.
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #35
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by element54 View Post
So when you insatalled the transfer case drop kit it fixed the vibes during acceleration? I installed my lift friday night and sofar all i have noticed is a little bit of vibe during acceleration around a corner from like a stop sign. I don't really want to drop the TC but i guess i could do it to see what effect it has on my little vibe issue.
Yes - the TC drop kit did eliminate the vibes. I only experienced some minor vibes when accelerating but it was enough to annoy the hell out of me and driving around with the bad angle would eventually trash my drive shaft.

If you are only experiencing "minor" vibes then you should definately try and install some larger washers to slightly drop the transfer case until the vibes are gone. Make sure you loosen and tighten the 4 bolts in the center that connect to the trans so it can properly slide forward when you adjust it. The TC drop kit that comes with the kit is WAY too excessive (1.25" spacers) so head to the hardware store and grab some thick washers instead.

If you plan on doing the 1.25" BL and 1" MMl (which I highly recomend ) Then you should be able to bring the transfer case back up and remove the washers. The MML fixes the angle of your DS so there's no longer a need to have it dropped.

IndyORV
Unread 09-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #36
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post
Just to clarify, your axle DID shift, whether you want to correct it by replacing the track bar or drilling a new hole in the bracket is up to you. It may not have shifted much but it did shift.
Correct... it shifted about 0.25" which was not enough for me to drill a new hole. However a new front track bar is not needed for this lift at all. If the axle moves it won't be more then an inch with this lift and all that's needed is a relocated track bar hole at worst.

IndyORV
Unread 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #37
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

JeepinRRT - I have to personally thank you for convincing me to get that BL and MML done... THANKS BRO! You are completely right that it's a bad*** look and allows for unbelievable amount of room for some 33s!! Night and day difference!

IndyORV

Last edited by B2CARPEN; 09-20-2009 at 11:04 PM..
Unread 09-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #38
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well I finished up sanding and painting the rear part of the frame and finally got the wheel back on the rig! I'm going to restore the rest of the frame but I'm going to hold off on that until later this month as long as it doesn't get too cold.

Here's some pics w/ the RC 3.25" suspension, RC 1.25" BL w/ MML, and new TrXus MTs...

And here's a shot of my handy work on the rear frame. I didn't take a before pic but it was completely rusted out...

Overall I love the new stance and height of the 3.25" and 1.25" combo! I'm only running 1" bump stop extensions so I should get some serious flex from this setup!

IndyORV
Unread 09-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #39
timritchieblue
2000 TJ Wrangler 

heres mine

2000 TJ 2.5" CLAYTON L.A. W/HYDROS, SYE/XJ SHAFT, 4:10 GEARS, 8.8 MINI SPOOLED, LOC-RIGHT FRONT, 1" BODY LIFT, 1" MML, 35" MAXXIS BIGHORNS, RE GEN 2DISCOs, BELLY UP, ALCOS IN FRONT, WARN X8000I
timritchieblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #40
G-MANtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timritchieblue View Post
heres mine
what stinger is that? looks really good.
|---L-o||||||o-
()_)-()_)-o-()_)
G-MANtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #41
Mttrek360
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks real good bro. I'm was leaning to the RE 3.5. Now you just pushed me over You've got the same set-up I want, BL and MML. Again looks good. Congrats!
Unread 09-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #42
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mttrek360 View Post
Looks real good bro. I'm was leaning to the RE 3.5. Now you just pushed me over You've got the same set-up I want, BL and MML. Again looks good. Congrats!
Thank you Mttrek360!! Yeah I was looking at RE as well but I just couldn't pass up RC's prices! I got the suspension lift w/ 2.2 performance shocks, BL, and MML a couple hundo less then what the basic RE kit was! I'm very please with this lift combo! I would definitely recommend RC any day! Thanks again for the compliment!

IndyORV
Unread 09-23-2009, 07:21 AM   #43
timritchieblue
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-MANtj View Post
what stinger is that? looks really good.
thanks, its home-built, im still missing my winch, as soon as $$$, i copy it from :Google Image Result for http://www.fortec4x4.com/images/P/260-124.jpg

i had RE 4.5 springs, but i hated how the rear sat up 1.5"s higher, so i lowered it. looks/rides alot better now

2000 TJ 2.5" CLAYTON L.A. W/HYDROS, SYE/XJ SHAFT, 4:10 GEARS, 8.8 MINI SPOOLED, LOC-RIGHT FRONT, 1" BODY LIFT, 1" MML, 35" MAXXIS BIGHORNS, RE GEN 2DISCOs, BELLY UP, ALCOS IN FRONT, WARN X8000I
timritchieblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #44
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

that looks really good now i have an idea how mine is going to sit, ill have around 4.5" when i get the bl on. i think im going back to my original wheels on either km2's or m/t mtz's, with rough country wheel spacers. cant wait to get the bl on this fall

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #45
TJ_ITmgr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've been debating on this for quite a while. I'm actually selling some other toys to pay for it. On my phone now, can u tell me what you get in the 3.25 kit? 3.25 springs or springs plus spacer? Thanks
1997 TJ, 4.0, 5 Spd, Low miles, Rough Country 2.5" Suspension Lift, 3in body lift, Mega Short SYE and custom shaft, 33x12.50 Maxxis Bighorns, 15x8 Soft 8's, 8.8 Rear w/LS, HP D30 w/LockRight and 3.73's
TJ_ITmgr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.