Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

RC 3.25 lift and 33's

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ncparsley 
#1 ·
So here's the deal. I've been stock for too long and its time I get some height and some tires. I'm thinkin about getting the RC 3.25 lift for my 97 4.0L TJ. Also I would like to throw on some 33's on. I currently have Dana 30's with 3.07 gearing and wanted to know if I could run 33's on them. If not what should do. Also I'd like a safe set up, but I'd also not like to pay too much. Very small budget. I know its not as simple as chucking on a lift and some big tires. so someone fill me in on what I'm missing here, fill me in on any unforeseen costs and parts im gunna need. how much is the whole thing gunna cost?

#2 ·
You most likely have a d35 rear.3.07's and 33's would be pretty sluggish without a regear.Some people do it though.You might want to get 33x10.50's.I had the RC 3.25" lift with a 1" BL and 35's with 3.73 gears.

#3 ·
I have a 97 TJ with the 3.25 RC lift and 33's with 3.07 gears and i hate it. The lift is fine but I wish i would have gone with a smaller tire option in the first place so i could have saved for the regear before i did the tires. I tried doing some easy rock crawling with it but it just went too fast, even in 4low, to do anything with any technical skill at all. I just ended up bouncing and almost breaking a bunch of stuff when i flopped off the rocks. But to each there own. If you don't want to drive it much off road and you don't mind a slow *** jeep then it might be for you. Good luck with whatever you decide.:cheers2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.