RC 2.5 vs BDS vs OME vs AEV - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RC 2.5 vs BDS vs OME vs AEV

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #31
MikalCarbine
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've read little about Zone 3 yet, I mostly focused on OME, RC, and BDS. I'll check them out though

MikalCarbine is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #32
Kiwi_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

BDS gets my vote!

Hi There,

I have the 2" BDS springs with Bilstein 5100 shocks and love the kit. While the OME shocks get a good review, we have had 3 guys in our club with saggging OME springs, especially the rear ones, so I went with BDS and could not be happier. Way cheaper than OME and, in my opinion, a much better product.

Just did 800 km last weekend in my TJ, no complaints at all, it articulates very well and is nice on the highway too, I use my TJ as a daily driver.

Hope that helps
Kiwi_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #33
MikalCarbine
2002 TJ Wrangler 

When comparing all of the kits listed here it is obvious that BDS and Zone are the most complete. However there is much less literature on both of these kits when comparing them to OME and RC so I have little to base them off of. Time to hit the internetz again
Unread 11-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #34
Jrama
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have had the bds for over a year now wheeled it tons and everythings still as good as the day I bought it. Rides great, flexs good, does everything fantastic. I ended up choosing bds over zone just because the bds kit is more complete and has a better warrenty and was almost certainly going to be a great kit (given reviews I read), at the end of the day the price of the BDS is completely justified.

yes prices are certainly misleading, missing components can add huge costs to a kit, I'd get the most complete you can to do it properly, If i were to do it again I'd get a front adj trackbar as well

If your going to be wheelin I would definately get the disconnects, I love the BDS disco's and pity anyone who has the jks style pin pull type ones.
Jrama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #35
DustinS
2011 JK Wrangler 

Pretty sure I'm going with the BDS when I buy. Completeness + Bullet proof warranty = Gold.
Unread 11-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #36
ssmoore

I dont know if you guys know but Zone and BDS are the same Company. Zone is their lifts with a shorter warranty. Not sure if there is much of a difference in parts.
ssmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #37
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What?? How do you know?? I don't doubt it butt I thought Zone was new...
Unread 11-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #38
ssmoore

Because I live near them. I have also asked them on the phone and they confirmed it. The parent company of both of them is Sport Truck USA I believe.
ssmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 12:17 AM   #39
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm.. good to know..
Unread 11-04-2010, 12:45 AM   #40
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmoore View Post
I dont know if you guys know but Zone and BDS are the same Company. Zone is their lifts with a shorter warranty. Not sure if there is much of a difference in parts.
Nope, not the same lift. Zone is a BDS sister company, they use the same manufacturer for certain parts but not all of them.
Unread 11-04-2010, 06:11 AM   #41
MikalCarbine
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Nope, not the same lift. Zone is a BDS sister company, they use the same manufacturer for certain parts but not all of them.
That's right on with what I've been reading. What makes BDS disco's so great? Besides that front adjustable trackbar what else might be suggested to get as well? When I have the funds after the lift I'll be getting Currie short arms, SYE/DS and a 1" BL before going 33s. Hope my 31s don't look too funny with 3" hehehe
Unread 11-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #42
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm actually going with a OME lift when it's all said and done. I'm still stacking parts in my garage until I have everything to do it all at once.

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #43
MikalCarbine
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Interesting, what other parts have you purchased for the lift other than the OME kit?
Unread 11-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #44
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

On my last Jeep, I had the AEV springs. Of the choices mentioned above, those are the only ones that I have any experience with. That being said, for how I use my Jeep, AEV could ask $500 per spring and I would pony up the cash.

I ask a LOT of my Jeep. I play off road, I tow a trailer with weight, I haul stuff, I cruise around, it is my Daily Driver, it is my "Jack of all trades."

The AEV springs handle weight better than any other I have used. They don't sag, but when loaded down, they don't ride rough either. Handling loaded, towing or empty is excellent. I had them paired with Bilstein shocks.

For my current Jeep, I am definately going with AEV 3" springs and either a Rock Krawler short arm or Currie short arm. I had RK on my last Jeep and it is going to take a LOT of talking to get me to switch.

Personally, I think when you are considering changing the suspension on a vehicle, especially one you drive every day, price should not be as much of a factor as the VALUE you are getting. A few dollars still in your wallet won't soften the ride of a crappy set up. Just my two cents!
Elwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #45
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thats why i was gonna go with the Zone 3" kit cause i is "almost complete" and they have the same springs as BDS.
I was thinkin of addin some front and rear adjustable trac bars to the mix also.

Anybody out there have any experience with the Rough Country front or rear ADJ. trac bars???

Next question is sould i install the MML at the same time as the BL? Or is it easy to put the MML in while i put the 3" suspension kit in?

Will it hurt to run the MML/BL on my Tj with the stock suspension and driveshafts??
EricsGreen98Tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
rc , rough country , bds , ome , old man emu , aev , lift , suspension , lift kit , advice , comparison

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.