RC 2.5" lift vibe issues and oil leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RC 2.5" lift vibe issues and oil leak

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 07-18-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

RC 2.5" lift vibe issues and oil leak

So my problem is I had the RC 2.5" lift installed on my 05 TJ for about a year no t case drop in it had slight vibes but it didn't seem too alarming. About 2 months ago I noticed there were what seemed to be oil stains on the flares, rear bumper, and undercarriage of my jeep. had to change the rear pinion seal because it was leaking. 1 month ago put in a .75" spacer up front to level out, had slight vibes around 35-50mph so i put a 1" t case drop hoping it would solve things. Only noticed vibes at around 45-50 after. Now I am getting vibes at those same speeds when I am accelerating and when I let off the gas which seems to occur from about 40 down to 20mph. It makes a grinding noise. and i noticed that there are stains on the fenders and bumper again. what should i do?

drewtj05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2010, 04:49 AM   #2
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Have you tires balanced first just to rule out they are not the cause, then I would take it to a drive line shop and see if they can figure out where it is coming from. Or start testing things maybe take out the front drive shaft to eliminate that as being the cause.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Add an MML.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I looked under my jeep today and it doesn't look like either the front or rear pinion seals are leaking. I did notice though there looks like what seems to be scratch marks on the front drive shaft where the auto tranny skid plate is. Could removing the skid plate possibly make some of the vibes go away? I am not going to be wheeling much until I get a motor mount lift anyway so I am not really worried about the transmission scraping against anything. Would it be unwise to remove the transmission skid plate and just leave the t case skid? Not sure if it really supports the tranny.
drewtj05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
rc , 2.5 , lift , vibration , leak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.