JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   rc 2.5 inch lift (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/rc-2-5-inch-lift-1356002/)

squatcher 04-12-2012 06:34 PM

rc 2.5 inch lift
 
hey everyone im new to this site and i had a few questions regaurding a rough country 2.5 inch lift. I have an 02 tj I was looking to run 32x11.5 inch tires but is it possible to put on 33s. are there any other lifts anyone would reccomend. im open to anything. thanks

mcannon111 04-12-2012 07:49 PM

yeah you can get 33's on that lift no problem. RC's products really aren't that great, but will get the job done. it'll be fine to get you started.

csmith 04-12-2012 09:22 PM

I had a Rancho 2.5 on mine originally with 32/12.50, worked great. When I went with 33/12.50 they rubbed pretty bad on the front(yes I have correct backspace on my wheels). Good luck

Kodiak17 04-12-2012 09:38 PM

I was considering the RC 2.5, but saved a little more and went with the BDS 2". It's advertised at 2" but most get 2.5", I even got 2.75". The reason I went with BDS instead of RC was because bad reviews on them are very rare and they have an awesome warranty. Its real nice to have the piece of mind that if anything breaks, they will replace it... no questions asked. I have 32's now with plenty of room, saving up for 33's and flat fenders.

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...ep/jeep270.jpg

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...akeflex096.jpg

U-turn 04-12-2012 10:13 PM

Ya, 33's will fit. Just make sure to have the right length bumpstops. I bought the RC lift one year ago and the springs are already sagging about 3/4". No bumper or winch on the front and no tire carrier on the rear. I think that they don't make a very good product. Save a few more pennies and go with Old Man Emu. Great stuff if your in the market for a 2.5 inch lift.

Kodiak17 04-12-2012 11:38 PM

Yea I think initially people like the RC, but it eventually ****s out on them.

2006_Sport 04-13-2012 01:00 AM

It'll work until the springs sag after a year.

TheBoogieman 04-13-2012 02:29 AM

I've had MANY RC lifts and never had any problems.I went with Zone Offroad on my last lift and it rode much better.Zone is the sister company of BDS.

TheBoogieman 04-13-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csmith (Post 13402882)
I had a Rancho 2.5 on mine originally with 32/12.50, worked great. When I went with 33/12.50 they rubbed pretty bad on the front(yes I have correct backspace on my wheels). Good luck

Incorrect bumpstops and Bushcracker flares will do that.:nono:

Unlimited04 04-13-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squatcher (Post 13401937)
hey everyone im new to this site and i had a few questions regaurding a rough country 2.5 inch lift. I have an 02 tj I was looking to run 32x11.5 inch tires but is it possible to put on 33s. are there any other lifts anyone would reccomend. im open to anything. thanks

33's are fit in two common ways on TJ's:

1. 4" suspension lift, with 2" bumpstop extensions in front and 2-2.5" in the rear. Requires a SYE/CV shaft.
2. 2.5" suspension lift, with a 1.25" body lift, with 1-1.25" bumpstop extensions in front and 1.25-1.5" in the rear. The 1.25" BL usually accompanies a 1" Motor Mount Lift to offset some of the driveline angles.

Either way you go, figure on some or many of the following components: longer front brake lines, extended sway bar links front and rear, gears, brake and steering upgrades to accommodate larger tires, SYE, CV shaft, bumpstop extensions, new shocks, adjustable track bars, and a rear track bar bracket.

mcannon111 04-13-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited04 (Post 13404568)
33's are fit in two common ways on TJ's:

1. 4" suspension lift, with 2" bumpstop extensions in front and 2-2.5" in the rear. Requires a SYE/CV shaft.
2. 2.5" suspension lift, with a 1.25" body lift, with 1-1.25" bumpstop extensions in front and 1.25-1.5" in the rear. The 1.25" BL usually accompanies a 1" Motor Mount Lift to offset some of the driveline angles.

Either way you go, figure on some or many of the following components: longer front brake lines, extended sway bar links front and rear, gears, brake and steering upgrades to accommodate larger tires, SYE, CV shaft, bumpstop extensions, new shocks, adjustable track bars, and a rear track bar bracket.

eh it also depends on the backspacing on your rims. i ran mine with stock springs and 1 inch spacers with 33x12.50's all day long with no rubbing. i had bumpstop extensions of 2 inches, and some stupid backspacing wheels.

when i highlined though it was night and day, no bumpstop extensions with unused up travel.

squatcher 04-13-2012 05:18 PM

Thanks everyone, are there similar but better lifts in the same price range(300-400). I wasnt aware of the sag. Id rather spend a little more for a better lift.

Kodiak17 04-13-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squatcher (Post 13406838)
Thanks everyone, are there similar but better lifts in the same price range(300-400). I wasnt aware of the sag. Id rather spend a little more for a better lift.

I paid $400 for mine.


The time now is 10:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.