Raptor question - carpet any good options? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Raptor question - carpet any good options?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
jc45840
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Raptor question - carpet any good options?

I have a question about the raptor spray guys are using, when preping the tub what do you do with the "white oval" plugs? It looks like guys are just spraying over them. Are these the back of the bolts that put the tub on the frame or what? Not really sure what these are. because I am giving my TJ a good clean up and revamping but I have never taken a wrangler completely apart. I need to do something inside but I don't see anyone with a good solution for carpet and the Raptor seems to be what people like.

Has anyone had good luck with replacement carpet or the vinyl flooring?

jc45840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
alecmcmahon

im not quite sure what you mean by white oval plugs?

where are they located exactly? do you have a picture?

are the rubber? do they pull out? if so those are your drain plugs, pull them all out and set to the side.

fill all threaded holes with some tape so the liner does not clogg up the theads

mine

alecmcmahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
jc45840
2001 TJ Wrangler 

not drain plugs. not sure how to post pictures I wil investigate.
Unread 07-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
jc45840
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 07-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
alecmcmahon

oh , those things. i couldn't tell you what they are, i would assume they were some sort of hole used during the assembly line for holding the tub, just scuff/sand em with everything else and clean with acetone and spray, it'll be fine.
alecmcmahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
jc45840
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, just wondering as I take my jeep down for the rebuild. My goals a bit lower (no pun intended) than many here. But I have driven a wrangler since 1995 and I plan to keep my TJ and turn it into a weekend toy.
Unread 07-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
brwnelky
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Im pretty sure those are drain plugs, they are just mounted more securely. Im not sure why they dont use the rubber ones all the time. I think theres a few posts of people trying to find rubber replacements for them since that is where the water actually puddles up. Last time I check a thread jk ones were close but didnt fit perfectly.
brwnelky is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.