Rancho 2.5" Rock Crawler or Rough Country 4" Long Arm?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rancho 2.5" Rock Crawler or Rough Country 4" Long Arm??

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
TombRdr

Rancho 2.5" Rock Crawler or Rough Country 4" Long Arm??

I'm a newbie who just purchased a 2003 Wrangler Rubicon (Tomb Raider edition #85) with 23k original miles on it and now I'm looking to start playing with it!! My first step is a lift and some tires. I want to run 33X12.5's with a 15X10 wheel (the Tomb Raider has very wide flares and I want to fill them). I have been lurking at this forum and another and have read some good things about the Rancho 2.5" rock crawler lift (with RS9000xl shocks), but I am also interested in the Rough Country 4" long arm lift. This will be a daily driver with only occasional off roading (unless I catch the bug), so street manners are important but at the same time I don't want to be limited to the kiddie trails when I do decide to get a little mud on the tires. My budget for the lift itself is around $1400 so both these kits work, however the Rancho has a $500 rebate that I can use towards other items needed. Any advise or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

TombRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well since you are starting with a rubicon axles and gearing should be good to run 33's. You may want to do some more reading on wheel width with 33's. Most are running a 8in wide wheel. As for the lift you might want to look down the road and make sure you don't ever want to run 35's. If you think that may be something you would want to do so you are not limited to certain trails then you might lean towards the long arm. If you think that 33's are as big as you ever want to go then the rancho lift might be your best bet. I am currently running a 4in long arm kit and i love the way it rides.

jw
jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension lift , rancho , rough country

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.